Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Bryan
I am fairly new to all of this and wonder if others are experiencing this... my right leg and arms seem to contract more at night when I am lying in bed with a lot of pain and I just can't get comfortable without a lot of pillows. Why? I don't have that same kind of pain during the day... just the stiffness but not really pain.

I would appreciate any help...

Have you been diagnosed with ALS?

All the tests and MRI's have come back negative and so the neurologist said he suspects it and is doing the EMG next week... it is also in my family.

This thread has been moved since you are currently undiagnosed. I am sorry about your family what relatives have affected?

Is it cramps or spasticity?
Cramps suggest tonic water, pickle juice and/ or magnesium

Spasticity might need a prescription. Your neuro might give one pre diagnosis if you showed spasticity on exam.
A warm bath and light stretching before bed might help either one a bit

MC, there can also be sensitivity to position and cold in bed so consider a low voltage heated mattress pad and a leg wedge pillow/foam pads for arms so everything is not pressed against the bed. The travel pillows stuffed w/ polyfill are good for putting under knees, elbows, etc. Ultimately, this is one of the reasons people get hospital-type beds.

Best, Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back