Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Hampshire
City
Fleet
Hi, there, I'm starting to get really concerned about ALS. It started about two weeks ago, I've had all over muscle twitching my whole life, only slight, but two weeks ago it became very noticeable. I went to the doctor and they said it was fine, it would usually be localized and I'd be feeling muscle weakness. I still worried until I got some blood tests back and found out I have high liver enzymes which took my mind off it, and the fact that BMF described my symptoms perfectly, so I worried about not drinking, and just let the body twitch. However this morning the twitch has been in my right arm just above the muscle and will not stop. I don't have any weakness in the arm, I work in a shop and have to lug heavy stuff around all day and would definitely know if I couldn't. The muscle twitching is still over as well. Debating bothering my doctor again. Does muscle weakness ever come after twitching?

Yes, bother your doctor for sure.

Eh, its gone now :) back to just monitoring strength and think its BMS, I really do think its just that. I'm only twenty five, have no weakness, or anything, the twitches went down for a good long time when i relaxed about them. Having it trapped in the same place for an hour or so scared me, but rereading BMS apparently it can sometimes do that for days. If if comes back I'll contact him, but I think I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back