Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Long Beach
hello, all. i want to first thank you for answering the posts by all of us who are worried about what's been going on with our bodies. secondly, i'm going to keep it as short as possible because i know this can get annoying.

i've got so many weird things going on and don't want to immediately jump to ALS (also i'm 26, so i understand the low statistical likelihood), but am curious to hear your thoughts. here's what i have:

-intermittent hand grip weakness in left hand. i used to laugh about this, but it's not funny anymore. it's happening more frequently and lasts about an hour each time.
-painful nerve pinches all over my body, especially legs, left side rib cage, left upper arm, and skull.
-hyperreflexia with left knee at doctor's appointment (waiting on my neuro consult- jan 19th)
-waking up in the middle of the night every other night or so with just my legs sweating like crazy. it's bizarre- nothing but my legs, and they're soaked.
-fasciculations all over, unrelenting, like every 2 minutes. (though i'm trying not to fret about this. i've read it's very common)

b12, thyroid- normal. curious about magnesium because i seem to have many sx of mg deficiency.

thank you for reading.
<3

also vertigo. i've had this for years but it's more frequent now.

ALS never presents intermittently. Something doesn't work and you don't get it back, ever. Sensory symptoms point to something else as well. So good news you don't have ALS.
Vincent

As Vincent says, you didn't describe ALS. There's something else going on, so see your doctor as scheduled, but don't worry about ALS in the meantime.

thank you both for getting back to me and, again, for responding to all of us who come here with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back