Reason
Friend was DX
Country
UK
State
Cornwall
City
Falmouth
Hey guys I really need some input here I'm in such a terrible state first I know how frustrating it is to deal with hypochondriacs but I need some help. I'm a 27 yr old man in a bad state. For the past 6 months I have had this twitching all over the place you name it legs arms back feet shoulders etc but my calfs and feet twitched 24/7 for the whole time now I have this 24/7 in my thighs constant pops and flickers it's non stop they are Always visible I am so scared to death I have been to two 2 gps that have just dismissed it and told me To control my anxiety, they way it stands I don't seem to have any weakness I am still going to the gym
Etc but I know this may be the muscles first stage of dying I have been very upset over it and been in tears etc if anyone knows what else it could be other then als I would really appreciate it thank you.

Hi if you read the sticky you know twitching is NOT significant. Twitching is meaningless. You might have bfs which is completely benign or you might just be anxious as the doctors said. You have no weakness. Make a New Year's resolution to get your anxiety under control. To be in tears over twitching says you do not have a realistic view.
Good luck. Happily you do not belong here. Read the sticky if you have more concerns

Hi nikki thank you so much for the reply I havent heard of bfs I'll book an appointment with the neuro just in case, again thanks :)

Which proves you did NOT read the sticky. Do so now please

Lloyd, I want to emphasize something. Although we're not doctors, we do know ALS really well, better than many doctors.

You've been told by two doctors and a person (with ALS) who is exceptionally well informed that you don't have ALS. In fact, it's very clear and obvious you don't.

The doctor you need to see is a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists hold an MD, and understand both the body and the mind. Sure, it's expensive, but you need to get that anxiety/hypochondria fixed before it ruins your life.

But first, read the sticky post at the top of this forum, as Nikki said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back