Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
New Orleans
Thank you all for taking the time and answering everybody's questions, this is truly a wonderful site to have. I am 27 year old female with concerns about having early signs and symptoms of ALS. Frankly, I hope to be told I'm in the wrong place and to get off this site.

I will start with twitching as being my first symptom, started 2 months ago Of constant fast, slow, just one random pop, creepy crawly, fizzy all over-throat, stomach, legs, face, toes, fingers, arms twitching

Then came cramping everywhere ,mostly legs, shoulders , back ...sometimes if I get up I have to limp because it will be painful to put pressure on leg.

Severe Muscle spasms. They are also all over but are horrible in back of neck and upper back. They seem to be pretty bad in my right forearm also.

Muscle fatigue-was in arms now it's just everywhere.

My throat- it feels like it's popping sometimes very strange feeling. Feeling of rubberband around neck and when i ate some soup the other day I felt as though it went up into my nose. Just some scary things going on with my neck. No slurring but my tounge does feel like it get tired out when talking. It's feels like it in the way sometimes and heavy.

My right arm seems weaker-15 ln weight curl no problem with left but my poor right arm just could barley do it, just not normal -

I know the "sticky" said pain was not involved but cramps are somewhat painful, they feel sharp, dull, horrible ,barley there....my muscles feel as if they have a mind if their own and do what they want with no rhyme or reason:/
Please forgive me if I have said some symptoms that go against the sticky , but i know everybody gets affected differently and just want to hear what you all think.
My doctor did bloodwork just waiting on results. I have not told him yet about this strange throat issue. Does this sound like early signs?

-ball of nerves

hon, if you read the sticky it answered all your 'symptoms'.

You don't have anything that would make anyone think ALS - try reading the sticky again.

all the best

Thank you for the reply.
The twitching is not what bothered me I know it can be many different things, however coupled with the severe spasms and cramping I began worry seeing as how that was part of MND. Still didn't try and worry myself. Now it is this throat problem where if My head , and neck are in a certain position it feels my air way is being crushed or my throat is collapsing on itself. I can breath. Just it is very uncomfortable feeling, like someone is choking me. It seems it's getting worse, more frequent. Then I worried after reading different signs online and tortured myself. I figured if I posted here I can stop stressing so much since you all are extremely knowledgeable in the subject.

and happy New Years!

You're right, Lydia, to say "you all are extremely knowledgeable in the subject."

I totally agree with Tillie: "you don't have anything that would make anyone think ALS"

Follow up with your GP and enjoy the New Year. I have no doubt you'll have many, many more.

Thanks for the reply!
So do muscle cramps come after clinical weakness? I have the worst shoulder blade cramp. It will not go away, has been going on all day. It is a very sharp, almost has me in tears, burning pain. Everytime i breath in it seems to be worse. I have bodywide cramping but never a cramo this bad. Im very worried that these signs are early als. My blood work came out normal also. Gosh these symptoms seem to just be getting worse as soon as i try to forget about them.

If you have cramps, see a doctor. You're in the wrong place and you should get off this site. It will feed your anxieties.

Lydia, ALS simply doesn't manifest itself everywhere as it begins. It typically begins subtly in one limb such as foot drop, or, if of bulbar origin, with slurred speech as examples. The spread to other body areas is gradual and progressive - not a sudden onset in multiple places, let alone "everywhere". You can safely quit stressing about having ALS.

Wishing you well and peaceful.
-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back