Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Columbia
Hello, all. I'm new here, so bare with me.

First off, I would like to send my thoughts and prayers to anyone who has/had or has/had a loved one with ALS.<3

I'm not too sure where to begin, but to just throw it out there, I'm a little worried I may be developing ALS. For the past few months (about 5 or so?) I've been experiencing body-wide muscle twitching. They range from a single twitch or two, to a fluttering sensation. They're ALL over my body, from head to toe (eyelid, lip, chin, neck, arms, hands, fingers, stomach, thighs, buttcheeks, calfs, feet, etc) basically all day long. They're not so severe that they keep me up at night or wake me up, but they are annoying and worrisome. I've also been experiencing muscle cramping, 99% of the time in my calf (usually it's one or the other, never really at the same time). Again, not severe, but uncomfortable. And last but not least - the muscle weakness. Now, I don't have clinical weakness -- but my arms and legs feel "heavy" (as if you're under water and you're trying to do a breast stroke) and my walking feels off (like my knees are weak).

I don't exercise (bad, I know) and I work a 40 hr/wk desk job, so I don't believe anything is due to physical exertion.

I've had an MRI done which was clear. I've been to a neurologist who did a neurological evaluation on me (having me hold my arms in the air, walking in a straight line, walking on my tippy-toes & heels, etc) which I was able to do fine.

I know my condition isn't "serious," but I would really appreciate any thoughts or feedback as I don't really have anyone else to talk to and I've been really down about it.

Thank you all.<3 *hugs*

First read the sticky for this section. You did not. You posted in the wrong area and failed to read the sticky there instructing you as someone who does not have ALS or a loved one with ALS to post here. Once you read the sticky I believe you will be answered

Christy, you didn't describe anything ALS-like. Once you read the sticky post titled "Read Before Posting..." you'll know why.

Hi, Nikki J and Atsugi. I apologize to the both of you for posting in the wrong section; I'm still trying to figure this site out and it took me a good 20 minutes just to figure out how to post a thread in the first place! (Not very computer-savy). Would one of you be able to link or direct me to the correct forum so I could repost, please? Thank you both for your replies.

The mods moved your post to the top of the " do I have ALS" forum.

This is also where you find the sticky titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back