Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Allentown
Hi everyone,
I posted here about 2 yrs ago when I began experiencing twitching (allover) and strange mouth issues such as burning mouth, feeling like my cheeks were swollen and aching, like I was teething, jaw pain tonsil pain, throat pain (but not when swallowing). I also feel like my tongue is being pulled down my throat.

This has been going on and off for almost 2 years. I happens in spurts and mainly at night. I did have a tongue EMG when this was happening but that was very early on. I have also had full body EMGS (3) in the last two year.

Now I was told I have obstructive sleep apnea and it worries me b/c the sleep dr said it could be that I always had it "or sometimes throat muscles start relaxing if there are neuro problems." So of course I latched onto that and am worrying that my throat muscles are denervating.

I do not have any speaking or swallowing problems but I believe that I am clearing my throat more.

Does this sound like bulbar and would it have progressed to the usual symptoms (speaking/swallowing) within these two years?

I have been told it sounds like trigeminal or glossopharangeal neuralgia b/c of the pain component. Does bulbar have a pain component? Thanks.

You have serious health issues indeed.

I've read very carefully over your past activity here. It is chock full of incredible anxiety. Please this time do NOT start lots of different threads as you did before. I do remember you from way back.

Let me just put it this way - you would be dead now. This is very plain and I am very serious. You need real psychiatric help and we cannot spend our energy going over this again with you.

No to everything you ask, you absolutely do not have ALS.

Please members, if you consider responding to this thread (though I would hope it is simply closed) do read back on all the past posts from this person to get full perspective.

No.

Read the Sticky titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

If you have been hanging around here for 2 years you must have gotten the point that there is no pain associated with this disease. If not you have not been paying attention. The big question I have is why do you WANT ALS. This disease is an absolutely devastating, horrible, nasty thing to have. And you hang around wanting someone to say yes you have ALS. You're nuts. Find a site for crazy people and leave us alone.
Vincent

I think that'll do. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back