Learn about ALS
Country
Uk
State
London
City
London
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening and Happy Xmas,

First of I have to apologise for being on here no doubt it is not warranted but I will say first off that I have read all the stickies........ I am just very worried. It started around a year ago when I had an operation on my ankle I was on crutches for a good few weeks solid and fell a couple of times :(. Around this time last year I started getting a dull ache in my left arm that then spread to my right arm my right arm for the past year has just felt so dull and weak it's unreal. For the past few months it feels like it's shaking/Vibrating if I lean on it. I have no idea what atrophy looks like but I think it's what I have in between my armpit and pectoral when you tense it's a lot smaller than my left one even though I am right arm dominant my bicep is slanted and not as circular as my left one. Now I know people say these are not normal signs but I was reading of a lady that had limb onset and she had pain in her shoulder. I can feel the pain and weakness radiating down my arm. I have been to my doctors and they have said NO....... HELL NO.........NEICH NEICH. I can still lift weights and push ups and dips. But my arms fatigue so quickly and I get so tired its unreal. I know there are some very knowledgeable people on here and again I apologise for even bothering you. But I am leaving the forces by August next year and I just want my mind focused on leaving not having something like you guys say is extremely rare.

All the best I will try add a picture of what I am talking about.

I can't find a way, my hand also just feels hard to grip things yet on the grip test I squeeze over 100pds of pressure in both hands. So it's confusing.

< link deleted >

Hugo, that link would lead to the reader's FB page, not yours.

And I probably wouldn't allow a link to a FB page, anyway. --mod

Last edited by a moderator:
First of I have to apologise for being on here no doubt it is not warranted but I will say first off that I have read all the stickies........ snip ...... Now I know people say these are not normal signs but I was reading of a lady that ..... snip ...... I have been to my doctors and they have said NO....... HELL NO.........NEICH NEICH.

Thanks for posting clearly what your concerns are and where you are at. I believe in telling it straight for your own sake, so please take my words as being concern for you and with respect as I know you don't know much about this disease. Fortunately for you, sadly for us, we do, so I can answer you.

The stickies are our official stand, you can read anything you want anywhere else, we won't change a single thing the sticky states, so don't ask us to because your read something outside of the sticky.

The 'doctors is plural', so more than one has said HELL NO.

I hope you will believe me when you won't believe them. You do not tell me of a single symptom that sounds like the onset of ALS. This is great news.

Please go back to your doctor and ask, what DO you think it is, what should we do next, and then follow their directions. They are going to be the best ones to work with you.

I know it's hard when you are scared, but instead of looking for answers to your fears online, which only heightens your fears, make yourself do something - anything else.

I sincerely wish you all the best - ALS at 24 is nearly unheard of, and ALS at any age is rare.

Good Morning to you Tillie,

Thank you for the reply. It's just very scary I mean just looking at my arms in my eyes I can see one smaller around the tricep area which is the area that aches aswell as the shoulder it's just freaky but my wife who is a vet has said, "Atrophy normally occurs when the muscle is not used permanently" she said "Hugo you have probably always been like that you just haven't noticed until now that your staring at yourself.

Hope your having a good family time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back