City
Bruxelles
Hi all,

I'm forty years old and since 13 months I have some disorders :

Slight speech disturbance
fasciculations and weakness in the legs
fasciculations and atrophy of the hands
and sometimes, cramps in calfs and under feet

I posted a video of my hands to make you a better idea...

www.transfernow.net/f8gtm53b0xjp

My neurologist said last month that was just aftereffect of the Scheuermann's disease.

What do you think about this diagnosis ?

I don't believe him because my condition degrade month by month.

Thanks all for your support.

Hi and thanks for the video. What I see really clearly there is health anxiety.
I'm serious mate - what happens with ALS is people suddenly find that they can't do things, their muscles fail. They do not sit and stare at their body parts and take video.

I'm sure your doctors are the best people to work with you. Get a new doctor if you don't believe the one you have, but don't think you can self-diagnose on the net, self test, and post selfies for other non-doctors to diagnose with.

Honestly I see no single thing in that video that reminds me of how it attacked my husbands hands, nor the hands of any other PALS I have met in person.

Tillie

Thank you very much for your reassuring words but I am convinced that it is a peripheral neuropathy.

Whenever I make a prolonged effort I have pain or cramps , and a few weeks later I notice that I have lost muscle fibers at the solicited muscles.

Is that someone recognizes himself in this description (loss of muscle fibers after endurance effort ) ?

Dika.

I don't see any problem at all in that video. That's a normal hand doing an amusing little twitching thing. It happens.

I totally agree with Tillie.

Thank you very much for your reassuring words but I am convinced that it is a peripheral neuropathy.

OK that's fine, you do not belong here at all as this is a site for ALS which is a terminal illness. Your neurologist can work with you on a neuropathy. All the best treating it.

I know that ALS is a terminal illness and I really wish the best for all the patients who have been diagnosed.

I'm in this forum because sometimes neurologist give you the diagnosis after one or two years. I just want to have the opinion of patients who may recognize some earliest symptoms.

You are right- diagnosis can take 1 - 2 years. Cramps and fasciculations mean nothing.

I just want to have the opinion of patients who may recognize some earliest symptoms.

Thanks for being honest. We recognise the earliest symptoms well and have been able to tell you that you don't have a single one of them. All the best.

I posted a new link to my video adding a short part to show you my tongue twitchings

www.transfernow.net/2f13be43hn5z

Patients, do you recognise some earliest symptoms ?

<Moderator's note: Your computers might ask you to "Open" or "Save" the download. If you select Open, you'll see the video without having to keep it on your computer.>

Dikawon, I don't see anything abnormal in your latest video. Show it to your doctor.

that is a perfectly NORMAL tongue

Please get help for your anxiety, I'm so sorry you are in such a state. No way that is ALS.

Samo hon, you don't have ALS, please do not post on threads except if you make one for yourself to ask questions about your own situation.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that you need to read before you post anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back