Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Bartlett
My story starts 4 years ago when I started getting a twitch on the left side of my face. Went to a neurologist thinking I had a brain tumor. Had an MRI no tumor no MS. Went on with my life for about 2 years on July 27th 2013 I started having wide spread twitching and googled. Well here came ALS. Went back to neurologist and had a EMG,NCS and MRI of spine. All was well said BFS and went back for a year every 6 months for a year for check ups. Now November 2 2015 I notice my right arm in intense pain by elbow radiating to my wrist and shoulder. Also back in May my left shoulder acted up said it was bursitis and got better. Well went on Dec 8th to an orthopedist and diagnosed my right arm tennis elbow and left shoulder tendinitis. Hurts to lift with my right arm. Simple things like grabbing my wallet, getting dish detergent out of cabinet. Went to bowl and could pick up the ball but pain was unbearable. So does this sound like the start of ALS weakness? Does ALS weekends hurt usually. Still have the BFS twitching. Go to neurologist on this Tuesday

With all respect honey you would be dead now after 4 years if you had ALS, it is a terminal illness.

The really good news is that you still have ZERO ALS symptoms.

You have all the symptoms of tendinitis. I would suggest you read the sticky post that says NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. It answers all your questions.

All the best treating your issues.

THANK YOU! That sticky has helped tons. I am actually printing it out so when I panic over and over again I can read it. I know I have health anxiety and always jump to the worse. Thank you so much for helping.

Tillie's absolutely right. Definitely not ALS. Your pain symptoms indicate local inflammation, e.g., tendinitis. With ALS you simply lose muscle strength.

Went to neurologist today and her has me scared

For 2 months my right elbow left shoulder have been hurting. My right side is the main problem. Can't hardly lift anything. Went to an orthopedist said tennis elbow and rotator cuff tendinitis. Went to neurologist today for the first time in a year and a half because I am worried about this weakness. He examined me and said "it has been 2 years since last EMG we have to do another to rule out ALS". I am scared to death. this is how we led up to statement above. I went to my neurologist about 4 years ago with a facial twitch did a MRI of my brain no MS. Then 2 years ago widespread muscle twitching started he did a EMG and nerve conduction study with MRI of my spine. All fine got BFS diagnosis.

Re: Went to neurologist today and her has me scared

Congratulations. Your symptoms are sensory. I feel very confident that you do not have ALS. See your doctor to find out what's going on but don't worry about having to join us.
Vincent

Re: Went to neurologist today and her has me scared

Please read the stickies - this is your second thread and will be deleted as you should follow our rules. Still no sign of ALS I'm happy to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back