Other
Country
US
State
Nj
City
Sewell
Re: Need a few suggestions

Hi everyone I need help I have noticed about a month ago on and off fatigue in my legs sometimes the fatigue is worse than other times but can last a few days Now I realize that I have twitching in my right calf I have not experienced any type of weakness or anything just scared. Then later on I realized that I have a twitch in my right hand on the top the other side of the Palm but I don't think it is a twitch it seems like a visible pulse I have been on the computer left and right looking this up I have been freaking out and now the muscles on each side of my head hurt now I don't know what to do I have anxiety and am a hypochondriac I have been freaking out lately but I has seemed to get worse recently I don't know what to do I have a feeling it's als I'm 19 years old and scared the fatigue comes and goes but has seemed to stay lately also my forearms twitch sometimes I have no problem typing or anything on here and I know this seems out of order but sometimes I get a buzzing feeling in fingers as well I'm am just scared someone please help thank you

Salvog, you do NOT have ALS. Period.

I'm 19 years old: Nope. Average age is 50-60. I never heard of a 19 year old having ALS.

fatigue in my legs: When ALS takes your leg, there is no feeling. It just doesn’t work anymore.

muscles on each side of my head hurt: Has nothing to do with ALS.

the fatigue comes and goes: ALS just comes, it never goes.

have anxiety and am a hypochondriac: There’s your problem.

Thank you sir very appreciated

Wondering if there is something wrong I have noticed first off that I have had fatigue in my legs going up stairs was a slight problem or running a little bit, I could finish my workouts my legs would just feel fatigued, then I got to just my calfs then my calfs would twitch not a lot but they would then it would stop and now they only twitch after I am done flexing them for just a few twitches next my hand would feel weird I would get a forearms twitch but haven't gotten one recently but I have this pulse in the top of my hand where I can see it and only feel it if I push my fingers on my other hand on it this one is non stop it is the same beat as my heart I have experienced some buzzing in my fingertips also, The symptoms come and go but usually still there is one thing that stays they vary from being bad or good but throughout the day they change I also have had some weird feelings I do have anxiety and am a hypochondriac I'm just really scared I don't know what to do please someone help thank you

I would also like to add I am 19 years old and have gotten some weird pain in my calf when I turn it a certain way the fatigue comes a lot more after than anyother symptom

Last edited by a moderator:

Salvog, be warned that you must stay in this thread only. People who don't have ALS must stay in their own thread in the Do I Have ALS subforum. You could be banned if you disobey this rule.

Ok I am just nervous I don't know what to do anymore I apologize I wish people could give me answers

Salvag, you got your answer from Mike. Your symptoms have nothing to do with ALS. Please go and enjoy being 19 and having a long life ahead.

Salvog, you should read the sticky post that we have stuck to the top of this subforum, called New Members Read This First. I think it will answer all your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you guys for all of your time it is appreciated I think I'm just nervous which I have been dealing with nervous problems since I was a child me and my mom talked about it and seems like things got a little better the symptoms eased away still there slightly but no where near as bad and as soon as we talked they were vanishing thank you again

I have had another episode again with my legs they feel like they have low blood sugar but they don't and I know that for a fact, my legs get this feeling on and off now for about a month and I just feel like something is definitely not right, I have been getting cramps in my hands sometimes but they are not that serious I do get a lot of twitches in my calfs mainly more in my right than left this morning I woke up with some twitching I'm my right leg that went away after about seven good twitches in a row I feel like I can't walk when I sit but then I stand and have no problem I noticed a dent in my calf which I read is not and is a sign of atrophy I just don't know what to do anymore things feel like they kind of get better then they just get worse

Salvog, you need to see a medical doctor, a general practice, family physician, or internal medicine doctor.

Two of us who are familiar with ALS have given a fair answer. If you have a medical condition, it isn't ALS.

It's best for you to stop wasting your time (and ours) thinking about ALS. Go see your doctor.

Now you have three senior members. Hon you do not have even one single ALS symptom.
Please let go of this site and let us support those who do.

I wish you all the best

Hi everyone I saw my doctor the other day he said that it was anxiety I was feeling fine for awhile where there were no problems for a day or two then slowly thugs creeped in again I was sitting down and my legs started to feel weak again and I have had some twitches in my calf and now my upper leg or guadracep. My hand in my thumb sometimes gets a cramp which goes away but I just can't get this off my mind.

Salvog, ALS does not come and go. Those of us facing the truth of this sentence wish that it did. Please help yourself by finding help with your anxiety and stay away from any sites that are for people with ALS. You will just continue to convince yourself that the very educated doctors you've consulted are wrong, and they are not. I wish to God that my husband's trouble was anxiety. I'd leave ALS behind in a heartbeat. Go in peace and may you find peace.

I am so sorry for what you are going through mrs I have an appt. with a psychologist very soon as well I just cannot find the peace in my head it just bothers me constantly but I am sure to make a donation to help find a cure to this disease I have to stay away from the internet this will be my last post sorry for who ever I bothered and thank you for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back