Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
MS
City
Ocean Springs
Hello, my name is Bobby and I live in Mississippi. I have been reading the forum since august and have been hesitant to post anything because of the thread about muscle twitches.

Here is my story as brief as I can make it.

I had some twitching in my left tricept in august. it lasted a few hours. I had it again about 6 weeks later and it has happened at one week intervals for the last few weeks. it only lasts a short time. I also have "ticks" or a single twitch often and is sort of all over my body. This seems to have gotten worse. Well last night my right tricept starting twitching and is still going at this moment. My right one has only ticked before but never for a long time like this. I saw a neurologist in early October and he did a emg and a nerve conduction and it was normal. The twitches and ticks have gotten worse and more frequent. so I saw another one two weeks ago. he just did an physical exam and said it was BFS. With my right arm going off now for almost 12 hours it just has me worried. everything im reading is that the twitches are a first sign for a lot of people. I have no weakness as of yet. but its only been 4 mos or so. and I have read that it takes a few months to years for twitches to develop weakness.

Please give me some advice and I appreciate it.

Twitches are a common symptom of people who do not need to be here. They are so common as to be not diagnostic of anything. Twitches usually present after weakness in a muscle. So I have great news, you don't have ALS.
Vincent

Thank you Vincent. I pray you are correct and I will pray for you as well. GO BlueJays. I have been to a game there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back