Other
Country
uk
State
uk
City
london
Hi Guys,

Before asking this i just wanted to say what a great service you give here;)

I have been suffering for the last 2 weeks with foot arch twitching which has been near constant.

I have had no weakened but both feet are very sore possibly due to the constant muscle movement.

Could this potentially be a sign of ALS?

Cheers,

James

Both feet are affected, would this indicate not ALS?

Read the sticky called PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.
Click on Do I have ALS? Is this ALS? and you can't miss it. You shouldn't have been able to miss it before starting this post actually.

It clearly tells you that twitching means nothing so please put ALS straight out of your head.

Please read the sticky, it saves us so much time repeating the same thing over and over.
Twitching means NOTHING.

Clinical Weakness—ALS is about failing, not feeling.
ALS is about failure—falling down, being unable to stand on your toes, being unable to button your shirt, being unable to lift your hand, etc. It is not about these things becoming more difficult. It is about these things being impossible… no matter how hard you try. If you can do normal things, but it is more difficult, you do not have ALS. If you used to be able to do 100 curls and now one arm can only do 50; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can only run 1; that is not ALS. If you used to run 2 miles and now you can’t lift up one of your feet, you may have clinical weakness.
It really does happen that something stops working all of a sudden. It is generally one muscle so it will not be a whole limb but the movement done by that muscle is suddenly gone. An example is a calf raise. It won't happen. Think of it like your wifi signal. You are surfing the net, then signal is lost and you can't do anything online no matter how hard you try or how long you wait for a page to load. This is what happens to a muscle in beginning ALS it has lost the signal from the nervous system that tells it to work

Would it be possible to have presenting symptoms of muscle death in both feet at the same time tillie?

Thanks,

Twitching doesn't mean squat.
Soreness is not a symptom.

Move on, lad. No ALS here.

Please do move on mate, this is a serious terminal illness and we are supporting those who are dealing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back