Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
FI
State
finland
City
hyvinkää
Hello, I'm back again. Now, I know you've told me to stop worrying many times, and I've tried to take that advice, but I got worried again when I tried to compare my thighs in a mirror after a while, just to see if there's been any change, and I noticed that when I'm in a slight squatting position, both my thighs ripple and look like there's tiny waves under the skin. This is most visible on the inside of my right thigh, as they start pretty much immediately when I take that position, and are very visible, but I can't feel it. After some googling I concluded that this is not typical for benign twitches, and is instead indicative of nerve damage. I've also had a constant twitch in my upper lip right below my right nostril, that I cannot feel. It used to be like once every 5 seconds, now it's maybe once in 10. Some of my friends have also noted that, for example, when I drink from a bottle, my cheek does something "funny", which I assume is the same kind of rippling. I can't feel this either. I've been having facial twitching increasingly lately.
I saw another GP about 2 weeks ago, who had me do some coordination tests, had me squueze her hands and tested my reflexes, and said she didn't find anything unusual. I showed her a video I took of the twitching in my calf, and she said it's not anything dangerous. I also expressed my worry about my right thigh being flatter than the left, so she looked at it briefly, felt the muscles and said there's nothing weird about them either. Áfter I told her I've been worrying about ALS, she gave me an anxiety form of some sort to fill, and said she'll ask a neuro if he/she thinks there's reason to investigate further. At the time I hadn't yet discovered the rippling in the thighs while contracted.
The neuro's opinion was that I should go get another blood test for muscle enzymes (CPK?).

The leg still seems to have normal strength, I'm still able to do everything I mentioned previously.

Thank's in advance. I know I'm probably starting to annoy you with these, but I don't who else to turn to.

I kindly suggest you reread the stickies at the top of the Do I Have ALS? Is this ALS page?

All your questions will be answered there.

Arska, I've read back on all you past posts to refresh myself.

Honey, please understand the members here are actually dealing with a terminal disease. I watched my husband die for example. At 17 years old you honestly do not have ALS - totally no way no how.

You are focusing on minutiae and looking for symptoms when you have none.

This is actually your medical issue and it can be helped but you have to go and be very honest with your doctor about how much your fears are taking you over and impacting on your life. This health anxiety can be treated.

I do wish you all the best. We have listened and answered to several threads of your posts now and it is time for you to go work on this anxiety with your doctor because we must give our time and energy to those with ALS.

Tillie

Thank you, Tillie. I understand that people here are living with a terrible disease, and I assure you that I wouldn't be bothering you if I wasn't seriously worried about having it myself. I appreciate the help you've given me. I had a good couple of weeks anxiety wise, but the twitching didn't seem to subside, but I hear BFS may very well persist. I suppose since no one else except me is concerned, I should give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back