Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Indiana
City
Some where
The past couple of weeks I've been having some odd symptoms. I've been having on and off twitching and random places on my left side of my body and at times it seems like it my arm or leg is almost like vibrating from very fine and fast twitching. I've been to my Primary care doctor and he did a basic test, having my hold out my arms and pushed down on them and tested my reflexes, everything was normal.

But the past 4 days my left arm and leg feel a bit weak and rubbery but I can still stand and walk perfectly fine and lift heavy objects and grasp on thing like I always could, just sometimes my muscles feel a little worn out than normal and again it's usually my left side.

My doctor pretty much said its all anxiety related which might be true since I do not deal with anxiety well and have had insane amounts of stress the past 3 months, more than I've ever had in my life, even had my first panic attack ever last week and my Doc put me on Ativan.

It's been very difficult to fall asleep too cause when I do my body starts to tremble like I got a giant cold chill. It's all pretty nasty stuff that scared the crap outta me.

Anyway, thanks for looking at my thread. I know I probably dont have ALS being that I'm 32 years old but you never know...

Thanks again!

Oh I forgot to add. I learned a long time ago that a family member had ALS and died from it, so that's another reason why I'm worried.

Hi Daknel,

Don't worry. Your description doesn't sound like ALS. You don't have profound and permanent weakness that would indicate paralysis. Twitching can be anything at all, especially anxiety.

One family member with ALS doesn't indicate familial inheritance. You have the same odds of getting ALS as any other person you meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back