Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
milton
Hello everyone,
I want to give a warm tight hug to all of you suffering from this disease. Just give you a long hug with love and love... just love and silence.
I cannot find my words...
--------------------------------------------
I need your help and will try to be short... this summer (June/July) I noticed a persistent and visible twitch of the index of my right hand. It bothered me but I thought it's only a lack of some minerals. During the same time (June/July) I had breathing problems, I couldn't breath to the point of almost fainting and it took sometimes 10-15 min or even more to get back to a normal breathing. I thought it's something with my heart (had palpitations and heart pains too and I know that heart doesn't hurt ...). Did the most significant cardiology tests and nothing abnormal was noticed. I thought it's anxiety and didn't think of it.
First week of August I started to get twitches and aggressive spasms in my upper part of body. My legs and arms were without a reason very tired and weak even if I would rest them on a table or chair. Sometimes I was swallowing with difficulty. I had a few good weeks after that and last week it started again with extremely aggressive jerks in my right arm, a sort of stiffness in my legs and arm muscles... and noticed that I cannot pronounce correctly especially letters: r, s, l. Twitches are all over the body now including face. I applied magnesium gel and took vitamins but it didn't change anything.
I was exhausted to the point that I couldn't get off the bed and my skin burning and tingling all over and this is something that I always got in my life from time to time every month or two for a few days but I have never had twitches or jerks or breathing problems (literally cannot breath in).
I don't have dexterity challenges and I didn't fall but I am very dizzy and feel that I will fall in the next second. I am thinking that this may be an 'early' symptom. Anyways I feel that my body is falling apart with each day. I feel a slight numbness in my whole body legs, arms and today cheeks and tongue. NCV was good last week. Today I see my neurologist for a part of the blood work results. I understand that test results may be good until it's visually evident what it is. I saw a girl who had early signs at 14 (saw her on Youtube) and she mentioned that all tests were ok and her doctor said "if you were not so young, I'd say it's ALS" and she said the ONLY test that showed evidence of the disease was a nerve biopsy. So I am thinking that there are a lot of "out of range" symptoms.
I apologize to all if my post doesn't make much sense and thank you if you took the time to read it. Your advise would help me a lot.
Warm Hugs!
EppurSiMuove

Your description does not sound to me like ALS early or otherwise. It will be up to your doctor to figure out.

2 comments about youtube
I don't know anything about the specific person to whom you refer but not everything there is accurate information

Assuming everything is true in that video supposedly the clinical exam was so strongly suggestive of ALS that despite being in a very very very unlikely age group the doctor considered it
Pleae stop browsing the internet for strange and unprovable stories

Eppur, there's no ALS described in your post. Reread the sticky.

I have no doubt your neurologist will clear you of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back