Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
Brooklyn
does neuro degeneration always mean ALS?
What else can it mean?

does neuro degeneration always mean ALS?
What else can it mean?

Neurological degeneration occurs in many conditions and disorders, including Alzheimer's, Friedreich's ataxia, Huntington's, Lewy body disease, Parkinson's, Spinal muscular atrophy, and others.

No, it refers to any disease that causes neuronal damage directly. That can be Alzheimer's to Parkinson's and more. Those are far more common than ALS. In what context are you hearing the term?

Thank you for your reply. I have had issues with memory, speech, processing and more. My primary sent me to a neuro psychiatrists. I was given a test...not too lengthy. Then after my primary told me that the NP and her were concerned about my nuerodegeneration. I am scheduled for a 3 hour test in December...but in the meantime I am a bag of nerves (?) did that make sense

Atsuqi- either/or its serious isn't it? :(

> issues with memory, speech, processing

Well lucky you. That ain't ALS.

Perhaps you would be better off not relying on Doc Google.

Romangirl,
A. Asking individual questions is a very inefficient way to get help. Most folks give us a general overview of their situation and tell us all the information up front so we can give fairly good advice.
B. We specialize in ALS--muscle paralysis. From what you've said so far, you have no problems that we could help you with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back