Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ca
City
Woodland
hello my name is Silvia and I'm new here... I also joined BFS group I'm just so confused on my symptoms and why I am having it! If anyone is nice enough to please answer I would greatly appreciate it... So I noticed around June this year I got a twitch in my hand the the following week (s) I started getting twitches all over my body ! Such as legs, arms, butt, back , feet , hands , face ,lips , eyes and tongue! I also have experienced some cramping like throbbing in both my legs my arms and now sometimes my hand or feet cramp... I experienced a stiff leg but that went away ... Now new symptom is my right side of my cheek feels like it goes numb! And my tongue feels like it cramps ? Also I cannot make high pitch tones anymore . May I add I am 21 weeks pregnant and also have a 3 year old son. The thought of something happening to me is so scary! Does this sound like something I should be worried about ? I do have a Dr appointment on Oct 15 and I'm going to ask for a EMG. I DONT know what to do. I think about this everyday! It's driving me crazy and my husband is tired of hearing it . Pls help

First off, you posted in the wrong forum

Go to the Do I Have ALS forum and read the sticky topic labeled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Twitching and cramping are too common to tie to any one disease. EVERTONE TWITCHES. Doc Google is full of crap, so don't listen.

It sounds like you have anxiety. Go see your doc and forget ALS.

Silvia, it is very unlikely that you have a motor neuron disease or that you even need an EMG. I hope your doctor is able to reassure you of that. Meanwhile, you might focus on your diet (including iron, liquids, fruit and veg), sleep and a good body pillow to support your baby bump. All the best.

Oh sorry I'm new to this and still trying to figure it out ! Thank you. And I do have anxiety ot definitely doesn't help with my mind and thinking I have something.

twitches all over my body
cramping like throbbing in both my legs my arms
right side of my cheek feels like it goes numb!
tongue feels like it cramps
cannot make high pitch tones anymore .
going to ask for a EMG.

Silvia, you described NOTHING LIKE ALS.
It all sounds like stress to me. Nothing to worry about really.
See your doctor. Follow her advice. Don't be surprised if she isn't excited about getting an EMG.

Don't forget to enjoy your children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back