Reason
Other
Country
US
State
UT
City
Salt Lake City
I apologize for starting a new thread, but my previous thread was closed. I have a question regarding EMGs. I recently had an EMG performed on both legs, my right deltoid, left bicep, left hand, and Paraspinal. Thankfully all came back normal. Would this also pick up bulbar problems?

Thanks in advance for the information!

I am copying Mike's comment when you said you were having an EMG
Thanks for the update, Ohga. I personally hope your wife is with you in therapy.

Getting you an EMG, in my most humble and ignorant opinion, just feeds into the fear and solves nothing for someone with true anxiety. It seems to me that a person with anxiety wouldn't be comforted by test results; that's why anxiety is a serious pathology that needs treatment.

But I shouldn't try to diagnose over the Internet. You did well by seeing your doctor and letting him take the lead in your health investigations. Good luck
He was clearly so right. No it would not detect bulbar issues. But you were seen by an ENT and a neurologist who told you no ALS. And consider you had symptoms where you had the EMG done. No ALS there. So you have worrisome to you symptoms in multiple areas. ALS was excluded by clinical exam. To pacify you and your wife you had an EMG in some areas. No ALS. But since they did not do your bulbar area THOSE might be ALS ? No. Reread your last thread. Our answers stand

Thank you Nikki. I hope you aren't offended. My neurologist was very helpful with her explanations, but in all of the info she provided I forgot to ask that question. Due to my acknowledged anxiety I did not want to start searching around the internet due to all of the conflicting information, plus the information is pretty technical and I don't have the background to understand things like UMN and LMN distinctions. I knew someone here would likely have a quick answer, so I hope I was not out of line in asking.

Thank you again for the answer, I do appreciate it! God bless.

No offense at all. Good luck in managing your issues. I hope now you can begin to feel better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back