Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Mastic Beach
I started having muscle spasms in Left calf 2 months ago, now they are everywhere. But before this, I randomly noticed them on my tongue (while resting) and never thought anything if it, until they were widespread. My thighs, butt, feet, thumb, lip. My symtoms are all over the place, I have an uneven palate. One side sags lower than other. My tongue looks devisted. My wrists are usually weak, can't tell if I'm just not strong, but my left is weaker. I can't hold things as long with my left hand than the right. I have dents in my hands, not sure if it's atrophy. I'm 26 y/o, Please let me know if any of my symtoms/photos are alarming. I don't have an emg scheduled for another month. The neurologist did say my babinski reflex was normal, she didn't take me very seriously because of my age.

mod notes. Picture links were to a site that included ads so removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture links were removed as above. I saw nothing alarming. I could not view the video but the pictures looked all right to me.
If you had a normal neuro exam as you apparently did since your neuro was unconcerned then I see no reason to worry. Symptoms all over the place are not how ALS starts. And yes you are extremely young for non familial ALS but if you had concerning findings and symptoms that would have made the neuro even more anxious to do an EMG and you would not be waiting a month

Last edited:
Thank you for responding. I will post my results of my emg when I get it done. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back