Other
Country
trr
State
New York
City
Seattle
Hey,

I registered an on this forum by numerous neurological problems, which keeps up with me 3 years. Write dry facts about yourself and I'll try not to be too long.

Symptoms:

Vertigo-a very strong (not merry-go-round, rather collapse to the floor)

The feeling of weakness in the limbs from about 6 months

Muscle pain-sometimes seems to be unbearable, especially calves

The feeling of instability-or undermining compilation limbs and dizziness

Problems with the oesophagus-feeling close to the esophagus

The tremor of the muscles from the inside of the foot, above the knees, calves, and thumb.

The test, which I had made:

Resonance head-twice (with contrast)-no nothing.

TK head-pure

Morphology-many times, without any major deviations

CK-last year's score of 64, one week ago, 52

Test for Lyme-ELISA and Western Blot-negative

Examination of the cerebrospinal fluid-strips oligoklonalne in serum

TSH-several times, always ok.

Many others such as ECG, holter, etc.

Suspicion:

Lyme disease or SM-excluded by 3 doctors.

Last week I went on EMG and there already is not perfect. Here's the description:

The test showed a high standard in kk stimulus parameters, amplitude, speed of conduction in the test of the distal segments. Characteristics of wave (F) to suggest changes in the examination of the peroneal nerve motor fibres of the median and within the roots.

Muscle testing did not show spontaneous activity at rest kk or denervated potentials. Pcjr parameters are normal, in the study of a comprehensive muscle of the thigh in stress interference characteristics and analysis of ud in the lower limit of normal. In a study of the biceps brachii stress entry with a rather low amplitude. The result of the test is on the border between normal and miogennego damage.

Whether such a description of EMG may associate with the beginning of the SLA? Whether according to you is something that I could check jeszce?

I'll be grateful for any answer.

I cordially greet

J. 28 years

Hi Rita,
I have read your post over very carefully and am happy to reply to your concerns.

Vertigo-a very strong (not merry-go-round, rather collapse to the floor)
ALS never presents with any kind of vertigo

The feeling of weakness in the limbs from about 6 months
Feeling weak does not happen in ALS so this is good news. What happens is muscles, usually limbs, actually fail to work but they don't feel weak at all.

Muscle pain-sometimes seems to be unbearable, especially calves
Pain is not an early symptom of ALS at all, so this is again good news.

The feeling of instability-or undermining compilation limbs and dizziness
People with ALS don't feel unstable or dizzy

Problems with the oesophagus-feeling close to the esophagus
This is a feeling again and does not happen with ALS

The tremor of the muscles from the inside of the foot, above the knees, calves, and thumb.
If by tremor you mean twitching this doesn't mean anything really. Lots of people twitch or have tremors without anything being wrong with them.

Finally thank you for posting the EMG summary as this is really helpful. There is nothing in the results from your EMG that would make anyone think they have ALS. The EMG tests for lots of different kinds of problems and illnesses and even though it has shown up some things, it is not what you would find with ALS. You would find ALS on the EMG even if you were very early in the disease so you don't have to worry it has been done too early.

We have a special post called a sticky that already answers your concerns, but you haven't read it yet so I'll post a link here so that you can read it.
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/26591-new-members-please-read-before-posting.html

I hope this puts your mind to rest knowing that you don't have any kind of ALS symptoms at all. I'm sure if you keep working with your doctors they will find out what is happening with you. While they do this you are better off not searching on the internet about ALS as it is a very rare disease of older people and you are only making yourself anxious.

All the best

Rita, Tillie has given you a very detailed and reassuring response. She is one of our most senior members here, so I hope you accept ger answers. Best of luck to you, and congratulations on not having ALS!

Rita, You have NOT ALS.
I agree with TIllie and Nuts. They are very smart.
--Mike

Thank you very much for your response. Im grateful. Verry worried me fasciculatio and problems with breath, but I believe that I Am not suffering from ALS.

Thanks a lot and best wishes

Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back