Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
ne
City
lincoln
I have pictures I want to show so you may see but I don't know how to post them?

I am convinced I have ALS. Before you tell me I don't belong here or I am exaggerating, please take the time to actually read my post.

I am 24 turning 25, female thin build and 5'7 & half. I'm not athletic. Over a year now, I have been going through a downward spiral. It started with a swollen foot, and then extreme
Joint pain. (Keep in mind, I have been having joint stiffness and pain on and off for years before this started and learned to deal with it). I went to the ER finally after several days of Hoping it would go away. The swelling went away but the joint pain continued. After about a week or so, I started getting twitches all over my body. This was brand new to me but again I thought it would just go away. It NEVER did. I have noticed I have gotten so weak, I used to be a really strong person, working two jobs and going to school.. Always energetic. I now am exhausted after working a 4-6 hour shift. I am always napping, I find my self always leaning against tables, chairs etc. whenever I walk, I always seem to get off balance and lean right or left or I really need to concentrate on my steps and direction for fear of embarrassment. My hands, more so my left hand cramps often, and I have noticed my left arm twitches more. When working with my hands or arms I get this cramp in them and need to stop and rest. When I lift something 2-4 pounds each hand my arms and hands start shaking. I've even noticed my tongue twitching a few times. I often feel exhausted and tired and to be honest depressed. I have had blood work done but nothing. No emg's or nerve conduction or MRI's yet. My doctor said he is scheduling an apt with a neurologist. I can see a significant difference between my left and right arms and hands. When I wear shirts that are a little tight, I can clearly see the right arm sleeve is tight while the left arm sleeve is loose. Even my hands. I've come on here before looking for guidance, and was convinced I was just paranoid. These symptoms never went away and I only got and have been getting worse. I am terrified. Another thing I have noticed is that I cry easily at almost everything..
I am lost.

Symptoms:
*weak arms hands and now legs
*Shaking and jittery arms legs depend on how they are and what I do
*twitches everywhere mostly left arm and shoulder
*emotional and cry about almost anything
* fatigued, tired and lazy all day everyday no matter the sleep or coffee or tea I consume .. Or don't consume
*left arm a lot thinner and very noticeable fat and muscle loss especially shoulder
* hands cramp very easily after using them consistently for a minute or two
* twitches in eyebrows and eyes some towns lasting days at a time
*cramps in abdomen and also vaginal area
*get to his twitches more often now
* tired eyes
* burning feeling in hands
*horrible balance
*needing to lean against objects to keep my self straight and up otherwise wobbling and moving

I ACTUALLY read your post and there is nothing there that sounds like ALS. If you had ACTUALLY read the sticky at the top of the forum, you would have found the answers there. Relax and have a wonderful time with your next 50-60 years.
Vincent

Battling I'm happy to tell you that you have no ALS symptoms.

You certainly have all the symptoms of depression however. Please tell your doctor how depressed you are so that it can be addressed, it's a debilitating disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back