Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
DK
State
Copenhagen
City
Frederiksberg
Hi, over the past week I've had some thumb twitches in both my hands I think... but mostly in my right. I've never had it before. I just looked it up and saw it is one of the symptoms of ALS, so I'm a bit worried about that. It occours 1-2 times a day, for a few seconds, right in my thumb joint I think it is (the big thumb muscle)

I'm 21 years, and I weight lift quite a lot... I'm training my hands quite a bit, so I thought it might be overuse. But it has persisted for over a week now, so I'm a bit scared about that.

What do you think, should I go to the doctor or what?

Thanks a lot for any responses!

PS: The twitches started, I think, right after I did a new exercise for with hands and some weight plates... Is that good or bad, or? Could it be that that exercise triggered the sickness, if I have it already?

Twitches are common and are not diagnostic of anything. They are not a presenting symptom in ALS. Don't try to have Dr Google diagnose you. He's a quack

Read the STICKY!

Twitches are common and are not diagnostic of anything. They are not a presenting symptom in ALS. Don't try to have Dr Google diagnose you. He's a quack

Read the STICKY!

I have read it, but one of the symptoms is twitching... that's why I was worried e

Do you suggest I see a doctor or do you think it's harmless, or?

Twitching is a symptom of so MANY conditions that it really isn't helpful at all.
I am a perfectly healthy 59-year-old (no ALS), I've been twitching since I was 25, at least, especially on my left arm. I've had Restless Leg Syndrome, mostly on my left leg, for decades.
I consider twitches to be amusing. They are almost always benign.

You're 21, but ALS is an old person's disease.
You don't have ALS. If you go to the doctor, they'll run tests and I'm sure they'll find nothing.

--Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back