Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Chester
I will keep this short. I have had bodywide twitching for over 5 years. Sometimes I get a hot spot in my left foot that will go for week and periodically cramp at night.

My concern is some swallowing issues. Both Wednesday and thursday I had one quick episode where I was drinking a carbonated adult beverage and the bubbles went up up nose and I spit out very quickly. This happened once before about 3 weeks ago as well. In all cases it was my was the only drink I had that day so it's not like I was drunk. In the first situation I was talking to friends outside their house when it happened. I was tasting something new and was swishing in in my mouth and it happened. On Wednesday I tried to take a drink while I still had food in my mouth and it happened, and Thursday I was sitting down into a recliner while drinking and it happened. In all situations I was able to finish my drink without any other issues.

I do get frequent heart burn (although not as frequent as I used to due to diet changes, weight loss, and having my gall bladder removed). I can gulp down a glass of water very quickly and don't see to have any other issues.

None of your issues have anything to do with ALS.
Twitches are so common they are not diagnostic of anything. They're common in healthy people. It's just a thing.
Cramps and hot spots on your foot are not indicative of any chronic disease that I've heard of.
Swallowing issues: In bulbar type ALS, the tongue becomes paralyzed, limp and useless, hence the swallowing problems. Stick out your tongue and look at it moving around. You don't have ALS.
Heart burn has nothing to do with ALS, ever.

I have to wonder how in the world did you decide to come here? I've never seen such a healthy person inquiring about ALS!

Perhaps the clue is in your screen name. You might bring this up to your doctor to get an anti-anxiety medicine.

The bodywide twitching is what keeps my mind coming back to this periodically. The reason I brought up the heart burn, is if anything I really believe reflux to be the cause. But even more likely is that these were just fluke things. Little carbonation hits the back of the throat, it burns a little, and there you go. I do appreciate your time in responding though. Sometimes I just need someone else to say it so I believe myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back