Reason
Other
Country
Ge
State
Georgia
City
Tbilisi
Hello everyone. Im 18 years old male who suffers from anxiety over 6 months.but but 2 months ago i started to have dizzines weakness in legs sometimes i could hardly move but it improved a litule bit this week also i have twitching and pain in my legs and hands. When i asked doctor about my concerns of als he laughed and told me that its quite impossible to get als in that young age and all weakness and pain was comming from muscle tension and lack of activity but anyway to comfort me he ordered emg test which i will have tomorrow.can it be symptom of als? I know that many people here are alredy diagnosed with it and its quite hard and terrifying to live with this disease and and im taking your time with my childish thoughts but this anxiety and worry is just killing me inside.

I'd laugh at you, too, except you have a real problem: anxiety. Unfortunately, the doctor is playing into your fears by spending time and money on an EMG. See a psychiatrist for help with the anxiety.

Yes i know it. Just im really stressed and anxious about it will emg rule out even a little possibility of als? Thanks for answer.

I have already been to psychiatrist and i almost died from drug overdose(my depression and suicide attempt) thanks god i survived and i dont have it anymore but health anxiety is ruining my life

health anxiety is ruining my life

You should really leave the ALS websites alone, then. Being here is the worst thing you can do. If you must use the internet to solve your problem, go to a health anxiety forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back