Reason
Other
Country
Uni
State
Indiana
City
Indiana
I read the Sticky up top, and that really clarified things for me and this will probably come down to stress and anxiety, but I figured I would just post here as well.

I guess what can be said is that I get a tingling, numbness, soreness (I honestly can't tell if it is weakness, I can still do everything) in my left foreman, wrist, and hands. I had these same issues going on back in November-February but then they gradually went away and then last week appeared again...and honestly it seems to be getting worse day by day which scares me. Now I am young, 30> and no family history of the disease so I figure anxiety or something else may be plaguing me. I just figure my parents would laugh if I said I wanted to see a neurologist because I think I had ALS or something like that.

I just came for clarification, thanks for you input.

No bother. No ALS.
As you know from the sticky, tingling, numbness, and soreness point AWAY from ALS.
ALS is about paralysis: the muscles become limp and useless, one at a time, in serial fashion up (or down) the body over a period of months or years. A muscle does NOT feel weak, it just doesn't work, and there is no feeling associated with the paralysis.
Plus, once a muscle becomes paralyzed, it doesn't get better.
So you don't have any worries about ALS.
We can't guess what you might have because we're not doctors, but we know ALS pretty well and you don't have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back