Other
Country
SWE
State
Sörmland
City
Eskilstuna
Hello,

I'm Magnus, male, 43 years living in Sweden. I want your opinion anout my problem. Sorry for bad English. And i've read the sticky.

About half a year ago, I started to have tremors in my left thumb, for example while I was typing on my keyboard or using my iPhone, scrolling up and down. Didn't think much of that at the time.

About the begining of May, I started to have fasciculations in the same hand, my left. It started in the muscle just at the base of the thumb, at the inside pf the hand. That really scared me, and after that i've noticed that I'm quite weak in the between thumb and index finger. I can do today what I could yesterday, but it takes a bigger effort. I also see that some muscles in seem to have been lost. There are like holes in the muscle. The twitching continues.

Im going to see my doctor on tuesday, but i'm so worried. What do you think of my problems.

Thanks in advance!

Magnus

See your doctor. Let him do the diagnosis. If there is a problem, expect it to be a whole lot smaller than ALS. This sounds more like a localized condition, not like ALS which is a disease of widespread, acute and chronic denervation.

Dusty gives sound advice. Think positive.

MAGNUS, ALS is rare. Your symptoms are not rare. Don't think of ALS. Find out what is the problem and get it fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back