Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NC
City
Wake Forest
Thank you in advance for reading my post. For the past month to month and a half I have been experiencing "vibrations" especially when lying down or sitting still. I don't see myself shake, I feel it. At first I thought the floor of my bedroom was vibrating from our hvac. It wasn't until I sat in my living room and felt it, that I realized it was me.
Every once in a while I can see a slight shake in my hands if I'm looking for it, but otherwise I just feel these things. I feel shaky when I am actively using my arms. I will stop quickly to see if I can see a tremble but usually can not.
I can also feel a vibration when active and I lean against something. For example I was cleaning the sink and leaned on one arm to brace myself and could feel vibrations.
For the past week I have also felt like my joints "catch" and I feel a sharp pain momentarily. It has happened in my knee, shoulder and elbow.
My question is do these sound like als symptoms? I am fearful of what could be wrong with me.

No it does not. It sounds like some kind of tremor perhaps? Tremor is a neurological condition usually benign and unrelated to ALS. See your doctor and ler him/her figure it out. Stay away from search engines

Go back and read the stickies at the top of this subforum. There's no reason at all to think you have ALS. None. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back