Reason
Other
Country
US
State
pa
City
clifton heights
I am a 29 year old male for the past 5 months i have been experiencing some concerning symptoms. Twitching, mainly in the calves which turned into random pops throughout my body, extreme fatigue, shakiness in general, finger tremors, whenever i use any muscle it shakes, if i hold my arm or leg out, it bounces up and down, doesn't drop, just bounces slightly. I have strength tested repeatedly multiple times a day, making a tight fist, picking stuff up, walking on my heels, toes, curling my toes as hard as i could etc, etc. started waking up with very stiff fingers that felt swollen but weren't, that feeling went away but i noticed that when i make a fist or curl my toes as hard as i can, it is a lot weaker then what it was. I have also had ring finger and middle finger joint pain for over a month now. My hands have been very clumsy, if i put my fingers together like i am praying, i can't tell if it is twitching i feel, or a heartbeat. My teeth have an internal chatter to them, it's worse after exercising or doing anything psychical. I get burning neck & shoulder pain, right forearm is painful if i flex it. Vibration/buzzing feeling in left leg ( calve to toes ) My fingers are always stiff and painful upon waking and it gradually gets less and less throughout the day but the pain is always there in the two fingers. My arms fatigue very fast just holding my cell phone up, i have to switch hands or put my arm down and then back up. I have read the sticky but would like to know what you all think.

Thank you.

Have you seen a doc? I don't see anything in your post that would warrant you being here. My guess is all the "strength tests" you've been doing are only exacerbating your symptoms. If you find you have true weakness, meaning that a hand, foot, arm, etc. just won't work any longer then you should see your doc.

Doesn't sound at all like ALS. You didn't describe any ALS symptoms. Nothing at all.

You've read, no doubt, that there are sometimes twitches involved in ALS, but you described widespread twitches, and that's not the way ALS twitches at all.

The rest of your symptoms are about feelings, burning, pain, buzzing, fatigue. These have nothing to do with ALS.

We can't tell you what your problems are because we're not doctors. But we know ALS pretty well and you don't have it.

Thank you for your responses. I have seen my primary and he thinks i am just full of anxiety, but my grip strength weakness is real, it's not made up. at the time when i did see him, my grip strength was perfectly fine, this is before all the finger pain and the decline of grip strength. Maybe it's possible from curling my toes & making tight fist as hard as i could for months like blue&gold said, I hope so.

Thank you for your responses.

MKJONES: If your grip is less strong today then it was last week or last month, I wouldn't worry about it being ALS.
ALS "weakness" is about paralysis--limp, useless muscles. You doctor knows how to test for that.

I experienced some similar symptoms to yours. Joint pain,fatigue, achiness, loss of strength. Doc blew me off after running thyroid tests. But I had elevated calcium levels for 5 years. Ended up with two benign parathyroid tumors that were removed. You may need to see an endocrinologist who does thyroid/parathyroid work to get an answer.

But, its not als.

@gooseberry Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I did have blood work done a few months ago and my TSH was 0.695, normal range is between 0.450-4.500 and my calcium serum is a bit high at 10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back