Other
Country
IE
State
Cork
City
Cork
Hello everyone,

I have been suffering since the past 10 years more or less of some kind of condition, had loads of tests done, seen doctors, acuponcture, massages, took medicines, but here I am just hanging there trying to figure out what is wrong with me....After a lot of research online I found this ALS illness (Which I am sorry to hear/read that most of you are suffering from) which made me think that this may be what I have (I hope this is not what I have, but somewhere it would be a relief to know that this is it to be honest....just really tired after all these years of trying to find out without any luck...)

I'll try to make it short. It all started about 10 years ago after a night of heavy drinking. I was working the next day and had to go home as my heart was racing, couldn't walk properly as I was all shaking with my legs. I was told a while after that I was having panic attacks, I've been prescribed with Xanax at first, then centrax and Effexor for years. I have been sent for an MRI scan about 5 years ago but there was apparently nothing there. About a year ago I have ben sent to a psychologist to try and deal with panic attacks and I have to say that it did help dealing with attacks (I also had acuponture and massage during this part year). Since then I am not taking any form of Medicines, I have lost some weight (10 Kilos) voluntary by simply eating fruits at lunch and cutting down on greassy food. I am not really having panic attacks but the symptoms are still there, heart starts racing on any kind of emotions (even some funny stuff on youtube makes my heart racing and feels like an attacks is coming...), my necks is constantly stiff (it goes from middle shoulder along the spine all the ways up to my neck and I can also feel the all side of my head being numb/cold. I work in a call center and my speach sometimes goes funny (jumpy) and same at home. From time to time I can feel my muscles being jumpy, while relaxing in the car or at home my legg or arms sometimes can *jump* on it's own (kind of muscle spasm), I find it nearly impossible to keep my head straight when speaking to someone or even on my own (even friends and family) I consistantly have to have my hand under my head to help out, I am always out of breath and the smalest exercise makes me worst (I only ran about 20 steps yesterday playing with a ball with my 2 years old daughter and I simply had to stop as I couldn't breathe :(, I'm always feeling very weak and find it very hard to fall asleep. I gave up smoking as well and am now using nicorette gums.

How does that sounds? Is there a possibility that this would be related to ALS? I forgot to mention my age, I am 40 years old.

With many thanks,

Sebastien.

Read the sticky. The only thinkg that remotely sounds familiar is neck weakness but that would be a highly unusual place for ALS to start. Nothing else sounds remotely like it. Ask the doctor

Hi Nikki,

Thank you for your reply. I did read the sticky but thought I'll still ask anyway just to get a proper opinion from someone here.

I do appreciate your reply and I will keep searching. Probably towards to other illnesses showed on the sticky that have some similar symptoms.

Thanks again and have a great day,

Sebastien.

Mental discomfort (and certainly nicotine withdrawal) can manifest the kinds of things you mention, but if you've suffered for ten years, I would certainly consider going back to some of the things that did/might help, like acupuncture, massage, meditation, nature walks, talk therapy and sports that stretch you, like swimming. It might also be time for a new job. But ALS is not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back