Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Elmhurst
Tremors in hands, stiff leg muscles, somewhat weak legs, change in vision, hands are weaker, dropping things more often, occasionally trouble breathing, tingling feet and fingers, unintentional weight loss(lost 12 pounds in a week). I also have been more jumpy, I'm dizzy when I stand up, muscle twitching, some trouble swallowing. This all started January 2015. I've had 4 blood tests, the only thing I'm low on is vitamin d, now I'm taking supplements for that. I got an MRI to check for MS, and it was clean. My neurologist said its possibly a post viral sort of thing, I'm not so sure tho. I'm 17, and am freaking out as to what this could be. Please help. Thank You.

There is nothing in your post that indicates ALS.
There are several symptoms you have that point AWAY from ALS.
You don't have ALS. No way. No how.

We can't help diagnose you, as we're not doctors.
But we know ALS pretty well, and you don't have it.

Good luck.

At 17 you need not worry about ALS. NONE of your symptoms happen at onset of ALS. Have you read the stickies? The only things you may argue that are symptomatic in ALS happen in the advanced stages when people have been living with the disease for years. Continue with your doctor, listen to him and let him get to the bottom of this. Googling will only heighten anxiety. Good luck!

Thank You very much! I'm sorry, I'm just very worried. I wish you two the best of luck, remember that they will find a cure! Keep your head held up high. Thank you for answering!

My tongue is starting to twitch now, is that a bad sign?

It's a bad sign that you are obsessing about symptoms that have nothing to with ALS and everything to do with anxiety.

Please read the sticky again and see that you have asked and been politely answered so it's time to move on and keep working with your doctors. The sticky is very specific and is our official stand.

BTW they will find a cure for ALS, but for the people here it is not likely to be for us. I know you are worried, but we are dealing with a progressive terminal disease, so please worry with your doctors and follow the directions they give you.

All the best, you should celebrate, there is no way you have ALS.

I apologize, I meant no disrespect. I'm truly sorry, please forgive me. I let my emotions ge the best of me. They will find a cure. I've done research and GM604 looks promising, and so do stem cell transplants. I signed the petition for the FDA to approve the drug ASAP. I truly wish everyone the best of luck, and again I apologize for the inconvenience I caused. Best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back