Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tennessee
City
millington
I know I've posted before but I read that on the als website that you do have cramping of the muscles but I was told here that that's not a symptom. Also I've read that you become aware of your breathing which I've also been experiencing. Also I get the twitching everywhere mostly on the left side of my Body, but there's no atrophy yet. Ive heard every case is different so idk

We're familiar with your posts. We know ALS pretty well. And we gave you our best answers.
Some people with ALS will have cramping, but it is not caused by ALS.
Aware of your breathing? I know what you mean, but I've never heard of that as a first symptom.
Twitching: you apparently haven't read the Sticky Post at the top of this sub-forum.
In ALS, atrophy of a muscle occurs after it's been paralyzed, limp and useless for weeks or months.

Your questions are common. So we wrote the sticky to give fairly good answers to these common questions. Read it.

Seriously, you haven't got ALS or anything like it.

Dude, take a hint.

you do not have als

Go away. You do not belong here and you've worn out your welcome.

I wish I could say the same.

So atrophy always comes before twitching?

Congratulations. You're a troll.

Ok gregk you don't have to be like all that I'm just really worried man. Plus I haven't had any emg tests at all to confirm I don't have it ya know

I doubt a doctor would do an EMG. There's no reason to.

Twitching comes anytime with many diseases, including no disease at all. Twitching is so common that it is not diagnostic of anything.

Stroud, you really need to understand who you're dealing with in this website. The people here are dealing with a real terminal disease, some have only months to live. Caring for an ALS patient is unbelievably busy and the caregivers here get little sleep. Many of our people are typing using a head mounted pointer because they have dead arms. Some of our people take hours to write simple paragraphs.

You really shouldn't bother sick people like this. You clearly don't have ALS, and now you're being rude.

You're right I'm sorry I didn't think about that... :oops:

Hello I'm back again with some concerns... My voice seems to be really hoarse and raspy and its becoming hard to swallow food without liquid its weird I get like this nauseous feeling in my throat every time I try to swallow.. When talking I get out of breath fast for some reason also. Could this be volcal cord paralysis? Does this happen in als?

Also I feel the need to chew up food really fine before swallowing also. And again thank you all for your time

I read your post, but I'm not replying to your questions. You should get the answers you need on a general health forum on another website.

We aren't answering you anymore. You don't have ALS. Go away! You have worn out your welcome. Don't post anymore and go somewhere else for your questions that aren't ALS. DON'T RESPOND TO THIS! Just go........!

I'm really sorry... I'm not trying to be rude I just that swallowing difficulties were a sign of bulbar... I'm just so worried about what this is I'm just tired of not getting any answers... Thanks everyone very much and again I'm terribly sorry...

Well honey you ARE being rude. Mike so politely answered you on 27 April and even explained that you are crying scared at people who are actually dying, but you have come back regardless with more NON ALS anxiety.

Please stop now, get some mental health advice for your anxiety immediately, from a real doctor not the internet.

Please don't reply, just go get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back