Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Rockland
Hello,
I had a bout of twitching in my 20's that lasted 1 year and things have been fine for the past 15 years. now I am 41 and had some twitching in my right shoulder one evening while watching TV. The next day I had twitching everywhere - no doubt anxiety played a role in this. Within 2 days from that my right leg felt heavy and weaker then my left. I have twitching in my calves, feet thighs and arms and hands and buttocks at the moment and it has been one month since this started. it feels like I have small bubbles popping in my feet all the time but mostly when I am driving or resting. I am extremely worried about what is going on and have fallen into the fear that it may be ALS. My doc is thinking it is just stress but I really don't have any aside from what is going on. I do have some pain in my Thenar muscle on the right hand and it seems to be smaller then the right side. my right leg seems to tire from simply walking up the stairs and it seems to have an odd sensation in it - like a slight aching. also, the other day my left index finger started to twitch sideways slamming into the finger beside it this lasted for only a minute or so. I am hoping someone can offer some advice as to what may be happening as my doc finally referred me to a neurologist after I practically begged him. My Anxiety seems to be getting the better of me at the moment as all I can think bout id my daughter growing up without a father
Thanks for listening and hoping to hear your thoughts on this.

Sean, please read the stickies at the top of this subforum. You will find all your answers there, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Twitching is overrated in the onset of ALS....unfortunately googling brings "twitchers" here but really, a very small percentage (as low as 5%) of people with twitching are diagnosed with ALS. Also feelings, pain, sensations, aching.......not onset of ALS. It sounds like anxiety and stress is getting the best of you.

I hope that is the case. Thank you for the reply. one thing I forgot to mention in my post is that the I am not sure what atrophy looks like but the fleshy part near the base of my thumb has shrunk considerably but there is pain also which I understand points away from what I am worrying about.
When I eventually get to see my nuro I will post back the findings in case my story or symptoms can help anyone else.
I do agree totally with you about the anxiety part. I have never been an anxious person but this experience has given me a new understanding of the word!
Thanks,
Sean

I would also like to add that since starting to worry about this I have done a lot of reading about ALS and it progression and I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone suffering from and dealing with this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back