Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
North Hollywood
Like so many others, I have found myself on this forum out of fear over the few symptoms I'm having and their potential relation to ALS. I haven't gone to the doctor yet. I've been waiting for my insurance to kick in from work to see a doctor and should be getting it this week and plan on going in. For now I just was wondering if any of you could maybe give me some incite on what's going on here. I don't expect any definitive answers or diagnosis, just some clarity perhaps.

Okay so, basically about two months ago I was grocery shopping and carrying around the bin with all my groceries and afterward I notices that my arm seemed really drained, easily tired and weak. After this I went through a bout of constipation (I know gross, sorry) and my arms feeling weak or easily drained and my fingers/hands twitching when holding my phone, or putting it up to my ear. Basically applying any pressure when lifting/holding it. I went to the great Google (like so many of us) and these all came up as possible symptoms. I've continued to have muscle twitching in my arms and legs, all rather sporadic and my right calf seems to feel tight, possibly a cramp? I went on to freak out that I had MS but concluded that that doesn't seem plausible and now I'm concerned it's ALS.

I've continued to notice my fingers twitching usually only when some kind of pressure is applied. Holding my phone is when I most notice it. I've also seemed to notice being a bit clumsier, dropping things, stuff like that. Today I went to the grocery store and basically had a repeat of the events that started this whole thing. Afterward I noticed my hand shaking quite noticeable when closing it, though not tightly, as well as when holding my phone. It just seems drained/tired.

So I dunno, I'm sorry if this is stupid. I'm very much aware that this could all be in my head and a manifestation of my anxieties, because I'm a very anxious person and have had plenty of issues with that in the past. This has all happened since moving to LA, where I'm away from home and the people I love in hopes of writing TV and it's all put a lot of stress in my life as well as escalated my anxieties. Okay, if you read this thanks, and like I said, I'm heading to the doctor as a soon as I get my insurance squared away.

Also I'm 23, if that informs your opinion on the matter at all.

Hon, read the sticky, go to your doctor.

Honestly the terminally ill can't help when you haven't even seen a doctor.

I think you've diagnosed yourself pretty well, and you know you don't have ALS.

If you have questions about that, read the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum.

Shoulda read the sticky before I posted, hah, but yeah I mean I'm trying to be, realistic. It's just the easily tired/weakness and the shaking/twitching that's got me worked up. Hopefully I got get into the doc this week. Thanks for the responses.

In ALS, muscles don't get tired and they don't feel weak. They just don't contract.
Shaking and twitching are so common in so many diseases that they're not diagnostic of anything.

In ALS, muscles don't get tired and they don't feel weak. They just don't contract.
Shaking and twitching are so common in so many diseases that they're not diagnostic of anything.

Thanks for the response Atsugi, I am a bit curious about the tightness in my calf. Just wondering if feeling tight/cramping would potentially point to ALS? I read that it is a possible symptom. Either way, if it persists I'll bring it up to the doc. Thanks again.

Please don't post anymore until after you are evaluated by a doctor. Then if you have specific questions ask us only then. Please re-read the sticky over and over again. It will answer alot of your questions. Otherwise, I'm sorry but we can't help you at this point. You kept referring to anxiety in your post over and over again. I think that should give you your answer to what is causing most of your symptoms. But, anxiety in itself can be debilitating in itself if not kept under control. So, please see you Dr. and explain specifically what is all going on with you and your concerns. Best of luck to you. Sorry, that you are experiencing any issues at all. I would stay off the internet and especially Dr. Google because you might get incorrect information that will just stress you out unnecessarily. Let the professionals do their job and help you.

Honestly hon you need to see a doctor.
You have NO ALS symptoms, that's my insight and the sticky told you the same.

Please don't post again until you have been to a doctor and don't post to say you don't believe your doctor. The terminally ill here won't offer to support that.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back