Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
florida
City
jacksonville
Hi there, want to start off by saying that i have read the stickied post, and that i am 20 so i do know my chances of als are slim-none.But just help me put my mind at ease a little bit.

It started off as a stiffness in my left big toe, ive been having trouble moving it sideways because it just feels stiff, i am also getting a slight drag in my left step.

I also know that twitching isnt usually a presenting symptom and mine is all over my body (even in the torso,neck face ect) so im pretty sure its irrelevant.

Im basically just wondering if there was sort of a test i could preform at home to assure myself that this is not als (i can stand on my toes or w.e but im not sure if thats the right test)

thank you so much for your time and i really appreciate any feedback i can get.

Hon, you need to go to a doctor.

There are no tests you can perform on yourself, doctors study for so many years so that they understand how to perform the correct tests the correct way.

Once you have a seen a doctor, and have been referred to and seen an ALS neurologist, please come back and let us know what happened. Otherwise, this simply isn't the place for you to be as you have NO ALS symptoms.

All the best

Hon, you need to go to a doctor.

There are no tests you can perform on yourself, doctors study for so many years so that they understand how to perform the correct tests the correct way.

Once you have a seen a doctor, and have been referred to and seen an ALS neurologist, please come back and let us know what happened. Otherwise, this simply isn't the place for you to be as you have NO ALS symptoms.

All the best

Tillie

Thank you so much for the reply i thought that the stifness and foot dragging was an als symptom seems i was mistaken, sry to take up your time and thanks for easing my mind, have a wonderful day,

ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back