Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
MT
State
Malta
City
Valletta
Hey huys thanks a lot for ur time in reading this post. Ofc im writing for ur humble opinion

Symptoms:
Tremors: started shaking 2 years ago on over exertion. Now have it constantly on both hands
Cramps: started having thwm like 1.5 years ago woth the min pf extra effort. I still uave them but not regularly
Fasciculations: About 1 year ago, now have them continuously in legs, arms, abdomen, back. Much calmer when relaxed, not smoking or having caffeine
Weakness: About 8 months ago. Hands & legs. Noticed mostly hands during pushups, can barely do a few, legs during football, feel them kind of milky cant make much force on them. Feeling extremly sore even after 5km of walking.
Atrophy: limited, maybe at thumb base
Neuro muscular grp strength test: values between 4 and 5
Eeg and netve conductivity: Next week
Some tasks like turning car or door key became more difficult, getting up from floor comes difficult without help of hands, running comes difgicult(legs feel immadiately weak)

Have you even bothered to read the stickies slowly and completely?

SALASSO: Most of what you wrote indicates that you don't have ALS at all.

IF you foot or hand becomes paralyzed--totally limp, useless--without any pain or tired feeling, then let's talk.

Skipper is totally right. You should read the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum before continuing.

Good luck with your doctors.

Hey guys I didn't mean to waste no-one's time.

Ofc I have read all stickies together with half the web's info on umn,lmn and all possibilities.

The issue is that I'm feeling my weakness progressing and that is the most worrying thing! I've read of many diagnosed testimonies of guys who could do a certain amount in sports and they could still do a lesser amount when diagnosed. That's what is worrying, when body parts cant be moved everyone can say that we can speak about als, but before that, can we predict it given certain symptoms. That was my question.

Last month I was at the gym and comparing with other ppl even woman of less strength I couldn't cope up with them. I can still do things but with much lesser strength. My worry is a continued detoriaration. As said in the first post this week I did 7km cycling on monday, 5km walking on wednesday and still I feel the soreness in my calves till this moment. Never something like this happened in my life. Ofc together with other lmn smptoms like fasciculations and some umn symptoms like tremors and muscle group weakness. I have both legs and arms at levels 4,5 of motor grp strength tests. I'm super anxious as well and been stressed for the past 10 years of my life. I just hope that anxiety got the better of me but ehh I don't know!

However thanks again for your time!

You didn't waste our time. We're here to help.

Your weakness isn't coming on like ALS weakness would. In ALS, a muscle goes from 100% to 0% pretty quick. And it never "feels" weak; it just no longer contracts. It doesn't feel exhausted. It doesn't "try hard" and it is not "sore" at all. It simply doesn't contract. Its hard to imagine.

Good luck figuring this out with your doctors.

Dear Atsugi,

I rally appreciate your help and the time taken in answering my worries.

Thanks a million.

So i'm back because i'm realizing new symptoms!

The soreness i have is because my footdrop especially on the left leg is making stress my calf muscles more. Yesterday I walked another 4.5km. I have still sore calves. I can go up stairs like 3 floors but it seems with increased effort. I cant walk on heels but I can on toes.

Re: hands - i can go in pushup position but if i go down, i dont come back up. My hands wont support the weight. Can it be that deltoid, bicdep or tricep is kaput? 2 pinkies seem to open and close up with more slow mechanism

I also realized that the weakness progression was felt mostly from 3 months ago.

Are these plausible progression signs?

goodness me progression in a few hours?

Please, you have an appointment, wait now and write down your issues to take with you.

The people here are dealing with a terminal disease, let the doctors next week test you and then believe them. In the meantime stop checking yourself and posting here, it is the best thing you can do for yourself truly!

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back