Other
Country
FR
State
Paris
City
Paris
Hello everyone

I am coming back from a 3 days trip at the hospitals. I passed a 45 min full body muscle IRM (clean), full blood test, and a biopsy (in the left leg).
No EMG because one have been done in january... by the way the doctor found weakness in my neck when he checks me and note faciculations. he said MND is a possible diagnosis (I do not ask nothing nor speak about that in any way).

So for now, he told me that it will take one month to have the results of genetic tests and byopsy. :/ I have an appointment in june.

some of you told me it wasn't als, you were absolutely categoric... I am not sure who's right then... :confused:

So your question should have been "you say MND is possible. How could that be when I had a 'clean' EMG last January?"

Perhaps you'd be better served if you asked your doctors these questions, and not us.

Well let us know what happens after the appointment. There does not seem to be a question in your post. Rather a challenge....again. Reviewing your scattered posts I found 1 response it is not and otherwise it does not appear to be and it does not sound like my experience.

Hi FrenchFries,

I'm sorry you are still in this road.
On the other hand you mentioned that you had a 3 day trip in hospitals.
So you only saw 1 doctor and mentioned weakness in your neck with a possible ALS diagnosis..?
Did any other doctor check you? Has anyone recommended a second EMG?
How could a doctor tell you that you might have a terminal illness but at the same time he doesn't recommend further testing? I suggest you quickly visit a new neuro and while waiting for the genetic tests you should have a new EMG.
By the way. Which muscle was the one they took for biopsi?

Panos, you don't have ALS, why the hell are you still here?

Thanks for your answers

Gregk>I have seen the neuro only once during the 3 days, and it was quick. I should have asked this question but I didn't. Then, all the exams were scheduled long before, but EMG was not a part of it. It's the neuromuscular department of the hospital so I let them do it their way I guess.

Nikki J> a challenge well... a little maybe. But without anger nor bad intention. The fact is, when I analyse my situation, that I can't manage to find differencial diagnosis. I am trying hardly trust me! the stickies here exclude als : als= no clean emg, als = no "feeling sensation" (tingling,numbness,pain,early stiffness...). so I am in a thick cold fog... by the way thank you for your patience and kindness, I have read a lot of post in this forum so I can tell.

Panos1978>I have seen 3 different neuro for now. The neuro told me MND was a possible diagnosis. For now, He told me to wait until the next appointment... and byopsy of musles in left quadriceps.

Thanks you again for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back