Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
My first dirty EMG was back in October. I was sent to Mayo. They did another, complete with lots of needles, in December. Possible MND. The symptoms I had then were atrophy in my left arm, hand, brisk reflexes (both sides) and cramping in feet. They did a third in March and noted that there were no changes.

Around the first of January I started getting tingling in my feet, left calf and left back of leg. It felt like sciatica without the pain. I did get some cramps in my glutes. The tingling and cramping has progressed in my left leg to where it is now constant. I also have pain in the muscles between my ribs.

Is it possible that I have more than one thing going on? I have subjective weakness on my left side. I shake when I try to stand on my left leg only. I can walk on tip toes and heels with both legs. The EMG was of my left leg and left arm. No Babinski.

I go back on April 30.

Hi Kim! I was wondering how things were. Of course it is always possible to have more than one thing but maybe( hopefully )it is all something else. If it is neuromuscular at all Dr Boylan will figure it out

The presence of sensory symptoms bodes well for you as ALS presents without sensory nerve involvement. I hope this points away from ALS. Good luck
Vincent

... first dirty EMG was back in October.
... in December. Possible MND.
... atrophy in my left arm, hand, brisk reflexes (both sides)
... cramping in feet.
... tingling in my feet, left calf and left back of leg
... cramps in my glutes.
... pain in the muscles between my ribs.

I'm very hopeful, here. I don't see ALS. Dr Boylan will rule in or rule out neuromuscular problems. If I were you, I'd forget about ALS and worry about curing something non-fatal. Good luck.

What I thought was tingling ended up being fascilulations. My calf and left foot has them constantly (unless I contract the muscles.) I'm now getting them in my upper back leg and glutes. Still cramping, especially left glute, hamstring, calf and bottom of both feet.

I do have pain when I walk or get up (sometimes.)

Thanks for the support while I wait.

Still hoping for another answer for you. Good luck for your upcoming appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back