Reason
Other
Country
US
State
tx
City
fort wortb
Hello All, I had an emg done on my leg and it came back clean but I'm noticing dents in that same leg like my calf, the left side of the kneecap, and my thigh which I now feel this achy feeling in it and a dent also. I can still walk up stairs but when I had my sister test my strength in my quads it seems weak like when she pushed down so I could resist I couldn't stop her from pushing because I felt a cramp in it. Does weakness or atrophy hurt. I walk fine I'm just worried something is wrong.

Clean EMG == no als.

Weakness and atrophy do not hurt.

Worry about something else.

If you still have questions, read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

:^)

From what you've posted, I doubt you have anything serious going on. But I'm not a doctor. However, I do know ALS fairly well and I can tell you that nothing you said points to ALS.

Glad to hear your EMG was clean. That's the gold standard test.

ALS doesn't ache, nor does it feel weak. Weakness and atrophy do not hurt. These things would point AWAY from ALS.

That really puts someone like me at ease. I value everybody on here opinion especially when yall are dealing or dealt with this terrible illness. It has made me more aware and want to raise more awareness for it. I was reading about this new treatment that is in trials called GM6 and NurOwn hopefully they can get the FDA to speed up approving this medicine before others have to pass away from it.

I agree with everything that Atsugi said. Nothing you have posted says ALS to me. I would sign off and enjoy my life if I were you. You are lucky!

Skipper66...thank you for your input it's definitely a reality check of how fast like can change and how precious it is

Question

I have a question about atrophy. Is it possible with als to have atrophy on one whole leg like the whole leg get small at once. I am still able to do everything but Idk what kind of disease would cause my one leg to become smaller. If you know anything please respond. Thank you

Kindly stick to one thread and post only in DIHALS

I'm sorry I don't really know how to work the site that well

The request for people who are not diagnosed to stay on one thread and not to post out of the DIHALS subforum is clearly stated in the sticky that you were asked to read and that Greg even linked for you in the second post on this thread

You are up to 10 posts and repsponses to all of them have been that it does not sound to us like you have ALS. We are not doctors and do not speculate on nor diagnose other diseases. Please, please, please, as you've been asked before, stop obsessing about ALS. The folks dealing with this monster come here for support. They respond to people worrying about ALS as a courtesy, because they know how frightening this can be. Once they've told you that it's unhealthy for you to be here, you really need to find help elsewhere and allow those with ALS to get back to supporting each other. I dn't mean to be cruel--just honest. Trust your doctor or go back with more questions, but please stop posting here.

I apologize for being annoying with my fears. I will do my best to take yalls advice and thank you so much for taking time to even entertain my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back