Other
Country
Ger
State
Berlin
City
Berlin
Hello everyone!
I am no native speaker so I would like to apologize for my English in advance.
I am 24 years old. I am experiencing twitches on my right foot for two weeks.
After talking to my normal doctor about this I was sent to a neurologist to get checked up so I won't be concerned about this anymore (my mothers cousin died of als aged 60).
The neurologist first looked at my feet, then he told me to lay down and put a needle into my right twitching foot; he said everything looks normal. After that he checked my right calf which did it look normal. He then checked my left calf that was alright again.
Then he said that whatever is wrong with my right calf does not look like als.
After that I was told to stand up and jump on my right and left ball of the foot, both worked. Then I was asked if I felt any side to weaker than the other to which I reaponded,that I didn't.
After that he sent me home.
Being home I checked to find that I can stand on my left ball of the foot better than on my right (right calf hurta more and faster; I took time), which got me scared again, also my righ calf is smaller than my left one; considering that I am right handed my left foot should be stronger than my right foot.
I am now wondering if these things can just be normal asymmetries or if something is wrong with me. I also workout almost daily (mainly upper body) and experienced no weaknesses so far.
Should I be concened and go to another doctor or just to try the let I go?
I hope someone can help me as this forum seems to provide more expertise than my a physician. :/

We don't have more expertise than physicians, we just have opinions based on our own life experiences. Listen to your doctor. It sounds like he did a thorough check-up and an EMG (that's what the needle in your foot was). Nothing sounds like ALS, so yes, please let it go. And if you could, please read the sticky at the top of this subforum, you will learn a lot and it will ease your mind.

Handedness doesn't equal footedness, nor does the dominant hand predict which leg, if either, will be bigger or stronger. It doesn't sound like anything to worry about at this moment. You might focus on a healthy diet and make sure you are getting enough sleep and hydration. Each of these can influence twitches. All the best.

FALGE: That's a good exam. There's nothing wrong with you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer this!
Maybe I just needed someone to listen to me :/ ; already felt a lot better after reading the responses.
Problem most likely is in my head not my leg.
Anyway sorry for posting this (a bit not thought threw post).
Wish you all the best; again thank you for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back