Reason
Other
Country
US
State
vm
City
vermont
can you tell me if it is possible to lose fat on your hands especially around the extensor tendons on your hand. my left isnt bad but my right is and has got worse fast, MD says there is nothing to lose there but then says its my age which confused me but am certain that fat is being lost on thwe hand which makes them protude and also on the palm of my hand
am guessing you must get 100s of questions like this. but i am confused
have enclosed a link to a pic of my hand. its the best i can get it but it looks and feels worse
Mod note. Picture link removed as it contained both other images and a pop up ad

thank you in advance

Yes.

I believe you've won the contest for weirdest question.

Btw, this has nothing to do with als...

Seriously, FORGET ALS. Please...

Perhaps a bit of context would help you in understanding.

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

You will see Atrophy mentioned. This is loss of muscle and appears during disease progression and not normally as an initial symptom. We _do_ lose fat but as a result of higher calorie usage often coupled with a growing inability to eat. Again not normally an initial symptom and not in isolated spots.

The chance that your loss of hand fat, actual or perceived, is related to als is minuscule.

Last edited by a moderator:
David, ALS isn't a pleasant subject. We tend to get a little facetious when questions come out of left field, such as yours. Sorry if you were offended. Fat has absolutely nothing to do with ALS. Please read the stickies at the top of this subforum.

There is however progressive muscular atrophy to keep in mind. Not perhaps in this case but to keep in mind. My als started with a pma diagnosis until umn issues presented and random area muscle loss was my situation; left hand and arm, right calf, right shoulder and upper arm etc. So sporadic can happen...but again, not in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back