Reason
Other
Country
Uni
State
Tennessee
City
Nashville
I am a 15 year old football player and have been having muscular twitches/spasms all over. In my arms, neck, upper back a bit and maybe my knees too. I went to the doctor last week and he did like a strength test on my arms and I had no weakness. He said he thought it was where I had football and I was having muscle weakness however I have not had football now for like over a week now because of snow and I am still having them.I might be having it more in my right bicep. It isn't constant it will be just a few seconds then it goes away. Then I might have one in my neck or leg later. Again I am not feeling any weakness of any sort.It has been doing this for about a week or two. I have always had like twitching in my fingers for years, however I am on the computer and on my phone ALOT. Honestly my mind may be getting the best of me making me paranoid I have ALS, I do have a tendency to worry badly. I am very paranoid I have ALS. This is worrying me badly.

The chance you have ALS is minuscule, which is explained in the Sticky.

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

If you're still worried make an appointment with your doctor.

:^)

Nashville, try going long for a couple of weeks on bananas, OJ, milk shakes, less screen time, no stimulating substances and more sleep. Don't worry -- your whole life is ahead of you, in contrast to most people on these forums. All the best.

Except an extremely rare case where it's already in the family, 15 year olds don't get ALS. They just don't. Please read the stickies.

How do you know? I mean I do not have any weakness of any sort just muscular twitching, By the way I just noticed on my first post that I said I was having musculcar weakness, which that was a mistake by me. I am not having any muscular weakness. I feel fine, just having mild muscular twitches, they are not constant, the doctor even did a strength test on my arms and there is no weakness.

Max was being sarcastic which was very inappropriate. Sorry

Twitching means nothing. I get twitching all the time, but it's my husband who has ALS. My twitching is from either stress (imagine that) or extreme exercise...I do Zumba every day. Believe us when we tell you not to worry about ALS.

Since the doctor has told you that you have no weakness, believe him! Worrying will only make your perceived problems worse.

Also if I like hold my right arm out straight it gets like a little bit twitchy/shaky

And this part is kind of embarassing, I have even been feeling twitches on my buttox...I am still very paranoid and worried.

You really have no symptoms of ALS. Follow lgelb's good advice and see your doctor if you want but forget ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back