Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
TR
State
Turkey
City
istanbul
Hello to everybody. I wish all people here getting well soon and i pray for it everytime.
I m male, 33 years old and from Turkey.

45 days ago suddenly i felt a weird pain on left side of my head and after it on my left feet weakness started. It was a so strange feeling coz when i was walking i was feeling like there is no feet. A kind of emptyness feeling. Like there is no feet. At the same time i have twitches but i have all kind of twitches. It means i can see some of them with my eye and some of them just can feel under my skin.(its als twitching as understood from people who has als)

I went to nerology department and made some blood test. She wanted almost all tests and all of my results are ok. Cretain Kinaz is normal too. She wanted back mri and emg. She wrote to paper Als? My back mri result is not okay. I have two little hernia and those hernias on my right side. She said that your hernias cant effect your left side coz they are on the right side.

Well, they made me emg. During the test he said all is okay but when he put electrot on my feet and when i moved my feet to down it didnt give signal. He said move your feet to up not down. Then it gaved normal signal. At the result all is ok he said and i showed to my result to doctor and she said its normal result and no problem. When i asked to her so whats that? She said it can be psychologic. Its really funny for me. How can psychology can make weakness just on left feet? Ok, nevermind (by the way i can say that Turkish health systems, hospitals, doctors really so so bad and they dont dig people's spthoms)

In 45 days i can feel it my feet is getting worst, for few days this feeling on my leg now and never gone. Its like this feeling started from my feet and spreaded to my leg. Now i feel my leg so so weak and tired. I have muscle stifness. Its like a pain and cant describe it clearly. I still can walk and move but feel tired feelings on my left leg so early.

I wonder that Als can spread like that so fast in 45 days? Or what should i do? Coz i know two things. In blood Creatin Kinaz usually become so high in Als illness but not everytrime. Because alot of people who has als their Ck is normal. Mine is normal too so its not a big deal i think. Second, in the beginin emg test cant show Als sometimes. I have read alot of comments about it and sometimes after 2 or 3 emg later doctors can diagnose to people with als.

So what should i do? I think i can just wait and watch the spthoms. To be honest i m thinking that i have Als.

Thank you to everybody. Sorry for my English. Its bad, i know. Again sorry for people who are here and who are als or relative of als ilness coz i know that some people here write answer to questions with one finger or with one hand. So for that again so sorry for disturbing you.

Good night.

Normal EMG means no ALS, regardless of your personal thoughts.

Rejoice: you do not belong here!

Thanks for the answer but as i said it before some patients diagnose after few EMG tedts

It looks like you've been trying to convince your doctor's (or us) that you have ALS since 2011.

If you had ALS in 2011, the odds are that by now you would be dead. Your EMG would certainly who ALS by now.

Please don't ask us to disagree with your doctors and then argue with us when we don't.

I hope you find an answer to your problems, but I'm sure you won't find it here.

Sorry.i wont disturb people here again.

after last emg test.
It says giant motor unit potentials by watched.
I think it means begining of als?

Hello Nikki J.
Thanks for the answer. My first emg was clean 2 weaks ago and they made one more emg.Before it doctor tried my power and i did alot of exercies. She said u have no weakness coz u did all of them great. Then she made emg coz i wanted it. According to results. No weakness, no losing signal. But in 3 places (L4 L5 place) She said there are giant motor unit potentials but it does not mean als. She asked u have back problem? I said yes i have back mri and in the results of mri L4 L5 places have problem, there are 2 little hernias on my right side. But according to emg results gians motor unit potentials on my left leg. She said u have to go to psyical therapy.But i dont understand that coz if emg results there are gians motor unit potentials it means begining of Als usually?

NO. If it means anything other than normal variant it is generally an injury that has or is trying to repair itself. So probably related to your back. Believe your doctor

Giant motor units are a sign of an old injury where there has been a lot of reinervation, in other words it is a sign of chronic reinervation. It is not a sign of ALS.

AL is a disease of widespread, acute denervation and chronic reinervation. It doesn't look like you have widespread symptoms or acute denervation. Your chronic reinervation doesn't even sound widespread. Sounds like an old back injury, nothing more. Trust your doctor.

Dusty thanks for the answer. How did u guess that chronic reinervation? Coz in my report it says chronic giant motor units.
I was in Turkish army as a sergeant (in Turkey we are servising, not join) My commander ordered me to carry a big rock, when i tried to carry somethings happend my back 8 years ago and i couldnt move for 3 days. But as i wrote it before 2 weeks ago my emg was clean, but 2 weaks later its ubnormal. I just dont understand it. Coz my back problem started 8 years ago, not 15 days ago.

It's pretty clear to me that you are not going to believe anyone who tells you that you don't have ALS. You've been trying to get this diagnosis since 2011. I thought that you were going to stop posting here. Why are you so determined to have a disease that would have killed you by now?

It's pretty clear to me that you are not going to believe anyone who tells you that you don't have ALS. You've been trying to get this diagnosis since 2011. I thought that you were going to stop posting here. Why are you so determined to have a disease that would have killed you by now?

Hello Nuts. My situation when started in 2011, i diagnoised with depression and stayed in hospital for 3 months. Maybe i didnt write it here coz it was so hard time for me. I took pill for few years and this period is over. U can check to all of my posts Nuts and u wont see posts since 2011 untill 2015. Coz i was okay. As i wrote it before my spthoms started after 4 years 50 days ago and on my one side. Thats the reason why i started to put post here again. If u have read my emg results, somethings are really wrong and weird. I just wanted to ask it here. Thats it. Who wants to be ill over the world? I think no one.
Have a nice day.

If u have read my emg results, somethings are really wrong and weird.
Knowledgable people here as well as your doctor have told you that is not the case.

You do not have ALS; you do not belong here. Please stop your unhealthy obsession with ALS and move on.

No need to reply. Have a good life, but have it somewhere other than here.

Hello and sorry for distubing again. I had new emg test and its worse than before.

1 - left ulnar tibial and common peroneal motor conduction in the normal range

2 - left ulnar and sural sensory messages were obtained in the normal range

3 - left median sensory conduction velocity slowed down slightly . latna prolonged distal motor and other parameters were obtained in the normal range .

4 - Needle EMGs bilateral biceps , brakioradial , tibialis anterior, ext hahallucis longus , gastrocnemius , gluteus maximus , rectus femoris and cervical paravertebral muscles, mild high amplitude (6 -7 m V ) polyphasic , neurogenic , MUPS seen. Denervation potentials studied in these muscles were not seen.

Result: 1 - middle light is not affected by navigating with the left upper extremity motor and sensory fibers in demiyilenizasyo the degree of carpal tunnel syndrome

2 - more pronounced bilateral mild upper limb left c7 , lower extremities in L5 and left lower extremities mild L4 S1 root (segment - anterior horn) spontaneous denervation without evidence showed chronic neurogenic MUP changes and duper losses.

EMG monitoring is recommended after 3 months for the development of motor neurons in case of suspicion.

Well, what does it mean all of those words i have really no idea. Something started to hold my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back