Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
pak
State
punjab
City
sayalkot
long story short I got an EMG because like many I was scared of als after accidentally googling some weird Symptoms

Neurologist did the clinical exam checked my reflex and checked my real fear of bulbar at age 32. He said he doesn't see anything wrong with my tongue and no jaw jerk so he can't see bulbar onset especially at my age. He said average age for bulbar is around 65

He still ordered an EMG for my peace of mind on both upper and lower lies and it came back normal. My sensory nerve has some issues but nothing major. He said since I have sensory damage it is impossible for me to get motor neuro now. And that's my question is that true

He basically congratulated me and his exact words were

Since you have sensory nerve issues now you can't get motor neuron disease. I asked him so it's impossible so he said no it just can not and will not happen.

I only have this one simple yet complicated question

Once you get sensory nerve issues can you still possibly get als?

Please if anyone can just answer this one question. I won't ask any further question or bother anyone else.

Thank you in advance

Not many of us here are neurologists or other "brain surgeons" so how would we know?

Asked another way you're asking if sensory issues 'prevent' als. A potential cure! Does it seem likely to you?

You don't have als so don't try to convince yourself otherwise.

You don't have ALS. Be thankful for that and go and enjoy your life. Don't try to convince yourself you have something that you don't. Please don't ask us anymore questions about it. We answered all we are going too. No ALS ! Any questions about any other results please consult with a neurologist. I'm sorry you are having any issues at all concerning your health. But, we honestly can't help you on here. Best of luck to you!

Thank you for your reply. I just went to the neurologist because I had tight feeling in my throat, twitching in my lips and my tongue gets twitches and sometimes this weird buz feeling in front of my tongue. I also get excessive saliva that I get the feeling I constantly have to swallow. I hAve trouble with swelling but end did the swallow test and that was fine. Even my teeth feel twitchy or that weird feeling. I had real stiff jaw,face muscles and neck. I was constantly clearing my throat. I was saying words wrong so I automatically associated that with slurring. I had post nasal drops or mucus in back of my throat. I was always paying attention to see if my to guess fit in my mouth. I was looking at different muscles to see if I can find muscle atrophy.

last few days I have had cramps in my hands and fingers and I automatically though about als. So I think it's just in my head

He said this is all due to anxiety. He said if by any chance I had bulbar I would have jaw jerking, my tongue would be moving around and I would not be able to bring it out of my mouth or touch side of my cheeks inside my mouth. He said EMG would catch anything on limbs since I had gotten it both on arms and legs. He said they can do a EMG on tongue but in his opinion it's not needed.

I will try my best to not ask any questions or revisit this or any other als site. It's like people with the disease want to get rid of it and people like E are looking for it sadly. I will thank god for my great health and pray that a cure is found very very very soon.

He basically said als can't lead to sensory and sensory can't lead to als.

Thanks again for your reply, god bless you and I hope they find a cure for this soon

Thanks again

You don't have ALS. Be thankful for that and go and enjoy your life. Don't try to convince yourself you have something that you don't. Please don't ask us anymore questions about it. We answered all we are going too. No ALS ! Any questions about any other results please consult with a neurologist. I'm sorry you are having any issues at all concerning your health. But, we honestly can't help you on here. Best of luck to you!

I won't i promise. Thank you everyone for all your help

God bless you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back