Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
SC
City
Greenville
Hey guys,

First of all, I would like to say thanks for taking the time out of your lives to read this and help me out. Secondly, I would like to say that I've read the New members Sticky. I realize that there is a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance of me having the disease. I am a 25 year old male, sedentary job but compensate with intense workouts... I'm 5'10", 175 lb, around 14% bf.

For me, This all started a little over 2 years ago, I went through a bout with depression/anxiety due to a breakup and poor lifestyle choices. I was drinking a pretty good bit of alcohol, smoking pot, working out heavy, undereating, and lacking on sleep. The first symptom I noticed was tremors. I remember the first time I noticed them like it was yesterday. Secondly came the lack of libido, ibs, and then the twitches. I continued to go through life fearing the worst for about a year and a half with the same symptoms. I realize that at this point it sounds like anxiety.

From there, I cleaned up my lifestyle... started eating clean, got into a relationship, playing basketball, working out 6 days a week, and sleeping well. I was happy, except the twitches wouldn't go away. They are nonstop all over my body. It was at this time that I noticed my calves were two different sizes... they seem to both still have strength. I don't know if they've always been like this or if it was caused by some type of MND. They are about an inch different. It was also at this time, when I started losing feeling in my right pinky and index finger. I also have a pain in my wrist, and had nonstop twitching in my inner elbow along funny bone for about a month. Now, here I am today... the right side of my right palm is showing signs of atrophy... real atrophy, my right hand grip strength is now weaker than my left (I'm right handed), my calves are still an inch different, my pinky and index finger go numb, i have ibs, lack of libido, tremors, repetitive thoughts, Non stop twitching all over my body, stiff muscles, get shin splints, random jolt feelings, itchy skin, random pains in legs/hands, mouth/face twitches, and to top it off I wake up with numbness in my right hand. I haven't really loss any strength in the weight room, and I can usually throw mass on fairly quickly. I'm honestly thinking that its cubital tunnel, and anxiety... but the weakness along with the twitching is making me second guess. Thanks for your time

Sorry for the long post, and thanks again for the help

JoCruz

Go to your doctor and get checked. It sounds like a local issue with your right hand/ arm that needs attention, multiple completely unrelated issues such as IBS and libido itchy skin etc. And twitching is nonspecific, especially when it is all over much much much more likely to be BFS than MND in anyone let alone a 25 yo. Re calf measurements very few of us are symmetrical.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Nikki, I am going to try to treat my right arm as if it were cubital tunnel syndrome... if that fails I will go to the doc. I am currently broke due to just purchasing my first house and planning a wedding with my fiance. You are such a strong person for answering other people that 999,999 out of 1,000,000 times don't have the disease that you suffer from. I really admire that, Thanks for your patience, and I apologize if I offended anyone.

As Nikki replied... go to a doctor first. Start from there. Be sure and tell him as you wrote,

"This all started a little over 2 years ago, I went through a bout with depression/anxiety due to a breakup and poor lifestyle choices. I was drinking a pretty good bit of alcohol, smoking pot, working out heavy, undereating, and lacking on sleep." Key words, "This all started..."

There are delayed repercussions from that behavior the doctor would need to know. You wrote that you read the "Sticky" but give it another review carefully. It may ease your concerns.

>You wrote that you read the "Sticky" but give it another review carefully. It may ease your concerns.

the 'kinder gentler Al emerges :)!

You might want to read the stickies a little slower a couple of more times. It is my opinion that ALS isn't even on the table for you at this point. You made some very pour choices and I'm sorry but the repurcussions of that is what is causing your issues now. I would see a good therapist and I'm sure alot of your symptoms are going to disappear. Sounds like you are making some good changes with you life though. Keep it up and good luck. Kim

I mean poor choices. Excuse my typo.

PS. I don't care what color you are but thanks for pointing it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back