Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Midland
So my journey started almost 2 years ago... 5 days after my birthday I started twitching. It started out in my finger then as I consulted Dr. Google my fear and twitching spread. I twitched from my head to my toes and at first was convinced that I had MS. Then i went to my neuro and he quickly dismissed that after a few tests. Well as my search over this twitchig continued I ran into ALS then began to read the forums and quickly convinced myself that I had ALS. I had 3 different EMGs all clear.... And several tests ran and everything came out clear. A wise woman told me to focus on my family...which because I had hit a depression was put on the back burner. So I did just that... I got off of the forums and I spent time with my family. Now here I am 2 years later and I still twitch...but I have made a connection with my twitching... I twitch more when I'm dehydrated or when I'm stressed.. But do I have ALS ... No I dont. If your Drs have given the all clear then get off this website and live. Don't waste your time worrying about something you don't have.

Words to remember... If your saying "I feel" rather than "I cant" then you probably don't have ALS. Those who have ALS don't feel weak they are weak.

Thank you TeresaElizabeth. Your testimony speaks volumes. I wish many DIHALS would read it. Your last two sentences are right on........ "If you're saying "I feel" rather than "I can't" then you probably don't have ALS. Those who have ALS don't feel weak, they are weak". SO TRUE!

Blessings to you!

Thanks for the informative post TeresaElizabeth. Best of luck to you. Great job on taking control of your life and health. Wishing the best for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back