Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nv
City
reno
Are foot cramps and early symptom of ALS? I don't have any clinical weakness in the feet, but there is a feeling of weakness, definitely. Lots of twitching in legs also. But seems every time I lay down I get cramps in both feet. Thanks.

I have limb onset beginning with my left leg. I had some killer cramps in my legs but never in my feet.

But before you respond please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

:^)

What did your neurologist say when you had your appointment in January?
Like Greg no real foot cramps and I too am leg onset

Edit. Nikki asked the same.

I have had foot cramps off and on years. Usually, mine were due to not keeping my body hydrated enough. Please read all the stickies if you haven't already. I would seriously try drinking alot more water and see if it helps with the cramping. I am not a expert but from what I do know I absolutely don't think you need to be worrying about ALS at all at this point. Please follow up with your neurologist and ask him more detailed questions if necessary. Best of luck to you. Kim

When I saw the neurologist in January, I didn't have any cramps. He wasn't impressed by my arm/leg weakness, said I was stronger than he was. He didn't think anything would show up on EMG, so he didn't order one. I did get an MRI on the brain, because he wanted to rule out MS. That came back clear. I assume the MRI wouldn't tell anything about ALS however? I know the EMG is the gold standard there. I go back to see him in April, if this is still bugging me, I'll just ask for the EMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back