Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
westminster
Look im annoyed and hate I feel this crazy, im 24 years old and have been experiencing, weird symptoms. First of all I have a very achy body. My muscles are tender to touch. Also my joint in my feet, knees, and figures lock up and are sore. My body parts fall asleep much faster. I get tingling in hands and legs,....yes I read the sticker. My legs hurt to walk up stairs and when I say hurt its a dull achy pain. I feel weaker than I was. Also is numbness a sign of ALS, I some times get it in my face around my lips. I do suffer from anxiety. Ive seen a neurologist who did a mri on brain , no sign of ms, ive been to a rhuemo, and no RA or lupus. I do also get slight twitching. Also im sensitive of cold and I shiver a lot. Help me please.

As you wrote,

("...yes I read the sticker.") It's STICKY.

Now, take a course in reading comprehension, come back and read the STICKY by Dusty7.

PS. As you also wrote, ("I do suffer from anxiety.") Thanks for telling us... we would have never known.

You lost my attention as soon as you mentioned having anxiety. You either didn't read the stickies are as posted above your reading comprehension is poor. You don't appear to have any ALS symptoms. So, kindly move on.

NOTHING you mention is even a hint of ALS. The stickies should have been your first clue. And anyone under 30 has only a 1 in a million chance of ALS and the further from the age, the less the chance. Anxiety is your problem. Get help for that and move on.

Hi -- ALS/MND is a scary disease to consider/fear. We empathize. This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just so thoughts on how we can help each other ...

Here are some first considerations that may help:

#1 - Read the STICKIES at the top of this forum. Many questions are answered there. 99% of new questions are addressed.

#2 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for people with ALS. Some of us have to type with one hand, one finger, via dictation, or even with our eyes, so reading/replying to the anxiety-ridden can be very tiring.

#3 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#7 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

#8 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and/or can no longer speak. It is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. There seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. It is what leads many folks here to this forum -- it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can -- if you cannot stay away and off this forum it should tell you something important!

Lastly, if you are still interested, go to alsa dot org or mda dot org ...

We sincerely hope you do not need to be here! But find out first. If you do need to be here let me say "Welcome, sorry you are here!"

-----
Max - Monday, August 18, 2014 12:03:01 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Have they done blood work.and checked your calcium levels and thyroid levels? Elevated calcium levels can be associated with joint pain that is symmetrical, sensitivity to cold and overall fatigue. Hypothyroidism has similar symptoms different cause. You need to see your doctor and have some bloodwork done.

Okay, I wanted to clarify to those people that are rude on this post. Yes I obviously said sticker instead of sticky, really wow that was not the point of anything I was saying. Im just scared I have had heavy legs, my fingers cramp up and are sore. My arm gets sore holding it up to text. Also I get a strange buzzing in my legs. Look I'm just looking for a sigh of some relieve. I have got lots and lots of blood test my thyroid is normal, and nothing else came up. What else could it be. The aches and soreness started in both my legs. Now its in my arms my right is worse, my thumb cramps up. I go back to the neurologist in three weeks. Please just help

Sore muscles, buzzing numbness shivering do not sound like ALS. There are of course many things this could be and not all would show up on blood tests. Your doctors will have to help you figure it out but ALS does not seem to be remotely on the list. Your symptoms honestly don't sound a bit like ALS and I think that is all we can tell you. I hope you find your answers

Not ALS symptoms. That is all we can tell you. Your doctors are going to have to figure the rest out. We can't tell you what else it could be because we simply don't know.

Are muscles tender to touch with als? My joints feels stiff just wanted to ask a few questions. My heart does go out to those who are diagnosed with this terrible disease.

No to both of these. It is something else. Please believe us and look elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back