Reason
Other
Country
US
State
FL
City
valrico
Hello, I am 22 healthy male and work out 5 times a day prior to this happening. (December 24th, 2014.)

One day while golfing, I noticed that my right index finger began to twitch. I thought it would eventually go away but didn't. (I experienced no pain that day from what i can remember.) The twitching lasted for about 2 weeks before i finally made an appointment for my GP. He ran bloodwork and said it was tennis elbow, gave me an anti-inflammatory and sent me on my way.
The twitching kept happening and i wanted a second opinion. I made an appt with an ortho. They took X-rays and everything and said that everything looked fine. He pulled my arm certain ways and felt my forearm and said that not only do i have "tennis elbow" but i have "golfers elbow" too. Said to just ice it and not use it.

It's been about a total of two months almost now and my right index finger still twitches but ONLY when I use my right hand in certain movements. It twitches left almost like its trying to hold hands with my thumb. I can still touch all of my fingers towards my thumb pretty fast but when I pinch my pointer finger and thumb together i get a pain in my forearm.

I am really worried, and any input would be a huge help to ease my mind from Dr. Google!:confused:

p.s i recently started having fasciculations on my legs, triceps, back and neck and this is making me worry that its something else. These fasciculations come quick and don't stay long and happen throughout the day.

This is just shy of ludicrous. Your finger twitches and you think ALS? And only when you move your hand in a certain way?

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

:^)

It twitched for about a month before it relaxed. Now it twitches, but more so when I try to grab something

This is just shy of ludicrous. Your finger twitches and you think ALS? And only when you move your hand in a certain way?

Please read the sticky note at the top of this forum titled "New Members: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!"

Most of your questions will be answered there. If they're not answered, then ask here.

:^)

Every member here agrees with what is written in the sticky, we went to great effort to provide it to you.

Your concerns ARE answered in it.

All the best

dang that mod trigger

stay tuned for my reply ...

Thanks for the replies! Just freaked me out how my finger started spamming in-between my index finger and thumb, (which made my finger twitch, then forearm soreness, then spasms throughout my body. Guess I'll just take it easy and see what happens

Um, 5 workouts a day? Don't know how you define a "workout" but low Na/K/Ca/Mg/glucose and/or hydration = "fasics." And bloodwork at a single point in time doesn't mean otherwise. Look to your diet, exercise and rest patterns.

Then if the elbow doesn't improve over time, massage/PT might help, and PT can suggest exercises for at home -- some in your workout may actually be counterproductive. Or search YouTube.

Your body is like a slinky. Things work together and pain can refer itself a long way. Don't let it throw you.

Um, 5 workouts a day? Don't know how you define a "workout" but low Na/K/Ca/Mg/glucose and/or hydration = "fasics." And bloodwork at a single point in time doesn't mean otherwise. Look to your diet, exercise and rest patterns.

Then if the elbow doesn't improve over time, massage/PT might help, and PT can suggest exercises for at home -- some in your workout may actually be counterproductive. Or search YouTube.

Your body is like a slinky. Things work together and pain can refer itself a long way. Don't let it throw you.

Sorry, meant to say 5 workouts a week* :/

Everybody gets twitches. I get them all the time ....... from doing Zumba. On top of that there is a 1 in 1,000,000 chance that someone 30 or younger would have ALS, and the further away from that age, the less the chance. You have nothing to worry about.

I know that David lLetterman has his top ten list. But, maybe we should start one called Top 10 Most Ignorant Posts in the DIHALS Thread. Drum roll............., and the winner is Sickness. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back