Not open for further replies.

rosales20

Country
US
State
CA
City
Whittier
I hope that any of you can shed some light on the following symptoms: twitching on shoulders, face, i think tongue (bite it once in a while, teeth impresions on side when I wake up), calves, achilles, quads, but, and lower back. Some clumsiness, might be perceived.

History: I have a now 28 yr. old brother that has been diagnosed with Bulbar ALS. I spoke with him but he gives me mixed signals. First he communicates (through writing-he can no longer speak) that my twitching was not like his, but other times he says yes. I had an emg done last year for the same thing. Negative. Doc was not very thorough. I had blod work done recently, negative. I have a more detailed EMG on the Friday the 13th. I know, they did not have any other date. i hope that it is not an omen. I recently benched 235 pounds about 6 times for three reps.

I knwo that there as been some research about athletes and how much they overwork their bodies (i.e. European soccer players diagnosed with ALS). Does anyone know about this. Neither my bro. or I have been tested for familial ALS.

I am almost certain (like 75%) that I have ALS. Due to the history, what else can it be. Email me if you get a chance and thank you for your responses. Whatever fate the lord has designed for me I am ready to embrace it.

Manuel

[email protected]

Manuel,

You should go to an ALS clinic, have them check you out and do the EMG, they are the experts. Also, you and your brother could get tested for genetics SOD 1

rgds,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back